RN Specialty-Cardiovascular ORWeston, Florida, United States
req # 142529 Location Weston, Florida Facilities CC Florida Weston Professional Area Nursing - Experienced Department N/A Jobcode 000624 Schedule Full Time Shift 7:00am-5:30pm/1:00pm-11:30pm
- Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. Implements and monitors patient care plans.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Monitors and documents patient's condition and effectiveness and timeliness of care and/or interventions.
- Evaluates, updates and revises plan of care to facilitate achievement of planned and expected outcomes.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing protocol.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Assesses educational needs of the patient and significant others considering cultural issues and other special concerns.
- Provides teaching and educational material as appropriate.
- Validates and documents patient and family understanding of teaching.
- Maintains professional growth and development through ongoing formal and informal education and clinical nursing study.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN preferred.
- Critical Care Course for the acute care setting.
- Periop 101 or validated OJT for the Operating room setting.
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) must be presented upon hire.
- Proof of Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) Certification must be presented upon hire.
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) preferred for the operating room setting.
- Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) preferred for the acute care setting.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience in a hospital setting required for acute care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or skilled nursing facility (SNF) experience required for SNF care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or rehab experience required for rehab care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or Emergency Department (ED) experience required for ED settings.
- Will consider licensed military RN experience.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.