Patient Service Specialist
req # 131170 Location Weston, Florida Facilities CC Florida Weston Professional Area Customer Service Department 3968 Registration-Cleveland Clinic Florida Jobcode 000667 Schedule Full Time Shift Full Time
Job DetailsProvides a comprehensive, proactive, and “Patients First” experience for our patients and visitors. Demonstrates outstanding customer service skills and uses evolving technology to manage a wide range of patient requests including appointment scheduling, patient registration, way-finding, answering general questions and meeting needs. Always represents Cleveland Clinic in a professional, caring and helpful manner. Ensures stellar and efficient patient experience while reducing financial loss and ensuring compliance.
- Professionally investigates, triages, and resolves patient issues using the established HEART Model, ensuring patient’s visit is an outstanding experience. Proactively assists patients to minimize patient issues.
- Creates a welcoming and professional environment for our patients and visitors by demonstrating exceptional customer service based upon the expected service behaviors included in Cleveland Clinic’s START with Heart model.
- Proactively manages needs of patients and visitors in our waiting areas, seeking opportunities to interact with patients by actively greeting patients when appropriate, resolving patient issues and providing service recovery.
- Performs patient registration, pre-visit, insurance verification, scheduling, arrival desk and/or departure desk activities according to standards and guidelines ensuring accuracy and an outstanding patient experience.
- Performs point of service activities: visit preparation, co-pay collection, patient tracking and record tracking ensuring accuracy and an outstanding patient experience.
- Facilitates billing functions, accurately meeting compliance and organizational quality and productivity standards.
- Enters and maintains confidential and accurate patient information including patient insurance, billing, and payment information.
- Encourages patient utilization of front-end technology, provides guidance, encouragement, education and hands-on training.
- Supports front-end technology utilization to promote understanding and comfort level in use by caregivers and providers.
- Recruits, enrolls, and educates patients on MyChart and Appointment Pass impacting utilization rates and enhancing the patient experience.
- Processes the workflow for the day.
- Supports and participates in process improvement efforts.
- Performs telephone triage.
- Follows standards and guidelines for telephones etiquette and service when interacting with patients over the phone.
- Generates staff provider reschedules.
- Relays staff messaging.
- Performs screening and scheduling of interpreter services.
- Effectively collaborates and communicates with clinical staff, i.e. providers, nurses and other support staff.
- Supports and adheres to compliance policies and procedures.
- May participate on committees and have a role in other Institute initiatives.
- May participate in patient outreach activities such as proactive patient calls to assist with health maintenance and care compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Ability to perform basic math sufficient to process insurance co-pays.
- Working knowledge of PC window applications sufficient to input and retrieve data.
- Ability to partner with others as needed to trouble shoot and resolve general technology issues
- Ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute (assessed at time of application) or demonstrable personal computer keyboard skills is preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- A desire and commitment to provide the highest level of satisfaction in quality service, caring and compassion to patients, their families and visitors.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential in order to successfully communicate with a diverse patient population and workforce.
- High level of customer service experience, exemplary interpersonal skills and ability to interact with patients and families in a wide variety of sensitive situations.
- Interest in learning new technology and troubling shooting to resolve minor technical issues.
- Easily adapts to changing technology, policies, procedures and processes.
- Demonstrated interest in process improvement or adopting new processes and or technology.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret medical insurance information.
- Critical thinking, decisive judgment, and ability to work independently with minimal supervision in an often hectic environment.
- Demonstrated independent thinking and problem-solving skills, ability to exercise judgment to triage issues and concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to switch from one task to another successfully in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- Minimum two years of patient registration, appointment scheduling, insurance processing or customer service/concierge experience.
- Demonstrated experience in providing exceptional customer services and conflict resolution.
- Associate’s Degree may substitute for one year of experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree may substitute for the experience requirement.
- Dexterity sufficient to operate a PC and other office equipment.
- Requires extended periods of standing, walking or sitting.
- Good visual acuity through normal or corrected vision.
- Must be able to navigate various locations and function in a fast-paced, hectic environment.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 25 pounds.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.