Cardio Vascular Technician
req # 138178 Location Weston, Florida Facilities CC Florida Hospital Weston Professional Area Allied Health Department 2198 Cardiac Surgery-Heart Vascular and Thoracic Institute Jobcode 000604 Schedule Part Time Shift 7:00am-5:30am/7:00am-7:30am
Job DetailsProvides guidelines for RCVT/RCIS roles and functions in the Cath Lab. Assists nursing and medical staff to provide care to patients undergoing cardiac catheterization and electrophysiology procedures. Performs scrubbing and monitoring duties during procedures. Performs pre-procedure preparation, post-procedure care and patient disposition in collaboration with nursing and medical staff. Maintains adequate supplies in lab and equipment quality controls.
- Performs basic EKG interpretation, single and 12-lead ST segments analysis for ischemia/injury patterns and recognition of arrhythmias.
- Recognizes and interprets EKG changes related to all electrophysiology procedures such as mapping, ablating, and implanting of cardiac resynchronization devices.
- Performs arterial and venous pressure monitoring, sampling and basic interpretation.
- Performs three dimensional mapping systems, and the principles of cardiac resynchronization therapy.
- Documents procedure completely and accurately including medications and supplies.
- Performs patient observation.
- Assists team members in acute cardiac care, including resuscitation and related therapeutic effects.
- Demonstrates aseptic technique throughout pre, intra, and post procedures.
- Performs technical skills proficiently during procedure demonstrating working knowledge of equipment in use during the case.
- Sets up scrub procedures in both cath and EP lab.
- Prepares all instruments/equipment for decontamination following universal precaution and takes them to the sterilization department.
- Assists in room cleaning after each case according to Cleveland Clinic Hospital's policy. R
- estocks procedure room when cases are completed for the day.
- Checks daily paper of the computer, paper calibration and basic troubleshooting practices of recording equipment.
- Acts as resource person in the care, maintenance and use of all specialized equipment in the lab.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment immediately to Nurse Manager.
- Assists others with responsibilities and adjusts work schedule to meet department needs.
- Maintains patient, medical record, department, and employee confidentiality at all times.
- Understands and participates in the performance and documentation of the Patient Safety Checklist.
- Follows Standard Precautions guidelines at all times.
- Attends and participates in department staff meetings regularly.
- Ensures that information is communicated at the meetings and in the communication books as evidenced by initials on the book.
- Shows initiative and self-direction, requiring minimal guidance as evidenced by going above and beyond the daily requirement of the unit.
- Participates in the orientation of new employees in a positive manner, to share knowledge, experience and provide guidance.
- Adheres to department policy on outside conference attendance and in-servicing of staff following conference.
- Consistently demonstrates a positive attitude and offers assistance to others.
- Acknowledges and responds tactfully to all requests.
- Communicates and interacts with others in a professional, mature, cooperative, and positive manner at all times.
- Is open when given direction and guidance, accepts constructive criticism as potential for growth and development as demonstrated by modifications of behavior/practice.
- Remains in appropriate work area for duration of shift. Reports lunch and break times to appropriate person and returns from breaks on time.
- Promotes a team approach both inter and intra departmentally.
- Maintains good punctuality and attendance according to hospital policy and procedure.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certificate of cardiovascular lab technology program or school of radiology required.
- Certificate of cardiovascular lab technology program or school of radiology.
- Certified or Registered Cardiovascular Technologist (RCVT) preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification/Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) provider card required.
Complexity of Work:
- All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as applied to the position:
- World Class Service Orientation: Includes attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill, and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner.
- Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities including adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: Includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform successfully.
- Essential Job Requirements: Includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work environment, including maintenance of required competencies and communication skills.
- Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable): Includes overall accountability for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints.
- Note: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and to prioritize multiple assignments/projects and respond to numerous requests.
- Ability to resolve conflicts among staff and to work collaboratively with department director, physicians and other members of the healthcare team.
- Ability to ensure operational efficiency.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions.
- Ability to exercise self-control and tolerate stress when dealing with multiple requests and/or conflicting demands from multiple customers.
- Needs minimal sustained direction in assessing work load, directing staff and carrying out departmental and professional responsibilities.
- Self-starting and self-motivating;.
- Working hours may exceed eight hours per day and is based on what is needed to accomplish completion of the daily surgical schedule.
Cath lab experience.
- Workload is heavy and requires constant lifting, moving of patients, equipment, instrument trays, and supplies.
- Able to lift items up to 50 pounds without assistance and greater than 50 pounds with assistance.
- Stooping, pushing and pulling required when moving patients or equipment into position for surgery.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.