Team Leader, PreAnalytics
Job DetailsProvides guidance and technical oversight of local work group in pre-analytic services. Interacts with Department Supervision and site leadership to maintain staffing, service levels, quality and performance. Implements and complies with safety procedures and regulations. Complies with department and institute financial targets.
- Leads local work group in daily operations including staffing, service levels, quality and safety.
- Facilitates team meetings.
- Ensures proper staffing and workload levels.
- Participates in hiring process as well as input on employee performance, including corrective actions and evaluations.
- Investigates and resolves routine operational problems and patient issues.
- Escalates complex problems to Supervisor/Manager.
- Drives local root cause analysis and implementation of improvements and counter measures.
- Leads departmental projects.
- Communicates to all levels as needed.
- Provides response to local quality concerns and informs critical issues to senior management.
- Drives front line employee engagement and recognition.
- Facilitates development for lead techs.
- Leads and provides Talent Management for team leaders.
- Oversees onboarding and training of all employees.
- Orders and maintains adequate supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's Degree required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field preferred.
- Additional progressively responsible experience may offset degree requirement.
- None required.
- Minimum of 3 years laboratory experience.
- Requires extensive sitting and dexterity to perform work on PC.
- Requires the ability to walk to other parts of the enterprise to attend meetings.
- Must have normal or corrected vision.
- Must have the ability to verbally communicate to employees, public, media and patients.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
Keywords: Medical Technologist, MLT, MLS, laboratory, lab, testing, pathology, technician, preanalytics, analytics, pre-analytics, phlebotomy, phlebotomist, venipuncture, leader, lab technician, technician