OPEN INTERVIEWS – RNs- South Pointe Hospital
Warrensville Heights, Ohio
Begin your nursing career at Cleveland Clinic and find what matters most to your development. From day one, you’ll be guided by a Success Coach as you learn alongside some of the most accomplished professionals in the industry and plan your own future in our accredited, one-of-a-kind nursing residency. Join our family of caregivers and see firsthand how personalized support and renowned healthcare go hand in hand.
- Full Time
- Level: Nurse Resident
What makes a successful Nurse at Cleveland Clinic?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Cleveland Clinic is a great place to start out your nursing career because there are endless opportunities for continued professional growth and skill development. The Cleveland Clinic has a vested interest in each caregiver's personal and professional wellbeing so they can deliver on the promise of exceptional care.– Randy K., Nurse Manager
Maternity and Paternity Leave
South Pointe Hospital, a Cleveland Clinic hospital, is a 173-registered bed acute care, community teaching hospital serving the healthcare needs of Cleveland's southeast suburbs since 1957. It is located on Harvard Road, just minutes from I-480 and the I-271 Harvard interchange.
By combining the talents of highly qualified physicians, nurses and staff, South Pointe Hospital delivers a patient-centered model of care which promotes the healing of the mind, body and spirit. Free onsite parking. Nursing leaders make it a priority to know each caregiver and make our hospital feel like your home. Thank you for allowing us to serve you.
We are proud to be a Magnet® Hospital, Awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center; this designation is the highest honor an organization can receive for professional nursing practice.
• Emergency Department
• Medical Surgical
Patients around the world come to Cleveland Clinic because of our reputation for world-class care. Which is why our practice is to invest heavily in our caregivers from day one. Here, learning and support go hand-in-hand, and you’ll experience that throughout your residency and beyond. Combining your education with simulation-based training, we’ll guide your development, building on the skills you’ll use today and helping to identify other areas you’re passionate about. It’s a true collaboration, personalized for what matters most to you. Because exceptional care requires exceptional caregivers.
By completing this application, you may be considered for a RN career opportunity at Cleveland Clinic. Once you submit a completed application, you will be contacted to discuss your experience, shift, and schedule preferences so we can best identify the right opportunity for you.
Participates in a residency core curriculum based on their individual learning needs. Provides direct nursing care, alongside a coach, in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Participates in a residency core curriculum based on their individual learning needs.
- Provides direct nursing care, alongside a coach, in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Establishes and/or revises priorities for patient care activities based on the following: acuity of need, patient preference, and resource availability.
- Initiates and/or maintains interventions to assure continuity of safe/effective care for patients.
- Responds to data indicating risk to individual's health and initiates action to correct, reduce, or prevent the risk.
- Seeks supervision, consultation, assistance when unable to perform safely and independently.
- Complies with established hospital/department personnel policies.
- Uses communication strategies in order to achieve desirable outcomes.
- Documents in patient's medical record according to established guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- BSN preferred
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA).
If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- Any registered nurse or advanced practice nurse must obtain a cancer specific certification or demonstrate ongoing qualifying education within the timeframe of the facilities accreditation cycle, if they work in medical oncology, radiation oncology, cancer center or cancer clinic and/or administer chemotherapy within an accredited Cleveland Clinic facility.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- New grad or less than one year RN work experience or if experience RN moving from non-inpatient to acute direct care clinical inpatient setting with less than one year current acute direct patient care RN experience.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities