OCCUPATIONAL THERAPISTVero Beach South, Florida, United States
Job Profile Summary:
Evaluates patients and applies a wide variety of therapeutic techniques for the rehabilitation of patients with functional limitations, impairments and disorders.
- Provide occupational therapy services to clients with upper extremity injuries, disease or disability.
- Provide evaluation for clients not limited to joint assessment, musculoskeletal functions, sensorimotor skills, functional and work abilities.
- Develop a treatment plan based on data collected as well as implement, monitor, and modify plan to achieve goals.
- Provide occupational therapy techniques not limited to P/ROM, joint mobilization, massage, myofascial release, desensitization techniques, dressing changes, and job simulation.
- Utilize thermal and electrical physical agent modalities not limited to providing hot/cold packs, fluidotherapy, paraffin/contrast baths, ultrasound, phonophoresis, TENS, NMES, HVPGS, iontophoresis, and biofeedback. Fabricate custom splints, select/order adaptive devices/equipment, and train client in use.
- Communicate effectively with fellow staff regarding client's condition, and also may include their physician, rehab nurse, case manager, employer and family members to ensure consistent quality occupational therapy services.
- Provide a written status report to referring physician each time client is to see their physician and when is a workman's comp case to other appropriate parties.
- Assist on occasion with Industrial Service Department clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor, Master and/or Doctoral Degree from and accredited school of Occupational Therapy.
- Possess license in State of Florida - Occupational Therapist (OT).
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Complexity of Work:
- All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as applied to the position:
- World Class Service Orientation: Includes attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill, and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner.
- Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities including adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: Includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform successfully.
- Essential Job Requirements: Includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work environment, including maintenance of required competencies and communication skills.
- Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable): Includes overall accountability for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints.
- Note: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
- This description of duties is not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.
- Internship experience required.
- Work is medium/frequent, lifting and carrying equipment, supplies and materials up to 50 pounds without help of mechanical devices or other personnel.
- Stooping, pushing, reaching and pulling when moving patients or equipment into position for treatment.
- The occupant of this position spends 98% his/her time in air-conditioned areas, the remainder in outside areas.
- The potential for exposure to blood and blood-borne pathogens is present while completing clinical duties.
- This position requires reasoning, mathematical and English language skills.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and to prioritize multiple assignments/projects and respond to numerous requests.
- Ability to resolve conflicts among staff and to work collaboratively.
- Needs minimal sustained direction in assessing needs and carrying out departmental and professional responsibilities.
- Self-starting and self-motivating; working hours may exceed eight hours per day and is based on what is needed to accomplish work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities