ACCREDITATION AND REGULATORY COORDINATORVero Beach South, Florida, United States
Job Profile Summary:
Responsible for coordinating the continuous readiness program for accreditation and regulatory licensing. Coordinates the continuous readiness program for announced and unannounced surveys for the facilities, and affiliated organizations as assigned. Serves as a liaison between Accreditation Team and Caregivers. Promotes, monitors and educates all caregivers on continuous readiness program.
- Demonstrates and meets regulatory/accreditation requirements.
- Complies with policies, procedures. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency standards.
- Supports development and continuous implementation of the continual readiness program inclusive of the monitoring, analysis and trending of data related to compliance.
- Serves as an internal consultant on compliance with state, federal and accreditation agency requirements and collaborates with designated teams on providing education as needed
- Thorough working knowledge of the Joint Commission Comprehensive Accreditation Manual, the Joint Commission Home Care Accreditation Manual, and the Joint Commission Disease Specific Certification Manual. Additionally, will be required to working knowledge of CMS conditions of participation and AHCA guidelines.
- Responsible for identifying compliance issues for recommendation as continuous improvement projects.
- Assist in Continuous Improvement Initiatives as subject matter expert.
- Supports and coaches’ multidisciplinary teams to identify, design, implement and evaluate continuous improvement projects.
- Responsible for ongoing professional growth and development to assure knowledge is current. Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the application of quality and performance improvement principles and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field.
- Applicable professional licensure as required for the State.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Previous experience in working with Joint Commission, CMS, AHCA or similar survey process, preferably in a leadership/coordination role.
- 5 years of Nursing/Healthcare experience preferred.
- CPHQ certification preferred but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to walk extensively, ability to lift up to 25 pounds, and the ability to wear protective equipment such as respirators, boots, gloves and protective eye gear.
- Position requires visual acuity with the ability to smell, taste and hear.
Personal Protective Equipment:
Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.