Enterprise Lead MS SQL Database Administrator
Job DetailsLeads a team of technical specialists accountable for the planning, forecasting, justification, implementation and maintenance of all IT Computer systems, databases, and network software and hardware. Responsible for ensuring availability of system, database and network resources to support medical, education, and business application system 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. Manages online service level agreements (response times) to ensure productivity of foundation-wide personnel as related to their interactions with computer based systems.
- Ensures availability of system, database and network resources to support medical, education, and business application system 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
- Leads the technical specialist team (participates in interviews, remove disciplines & add provides performance feedback, schedules, assigns tasks, etc.).in conjunction with the Manager
- Communicates goals and objectives with technical team in solving information system problems in conjunction with the manager.
- Provides technical guidance for Technical Specialist I's and II's.
- Assists in the development of strategic and tactical business plans for department related to computer equipment and system software used to fulfill enterprise objectives.
- Provides direction and/or performs analysis, evaluation and justification for additional database, system and network software and hardware required for all computer platforms.
- Recommends methods or alternatives required to integrate enterprise-wide data.
- Monitors and/or performs analysis to position the Enterprises hardware and software environment to take advantage of new technologies that support the enterprises' strategic plans.
- Develops working relationship with database, system and network software vendors and hardware vendors, work groups and installation teams.
- Directs and/or performs development and implementation of database, system and network software standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Assists Manager in preparation of the yearly department budget.
- Recommends programs and plans for continuing education and training of team members on hardware, software and communications.
- Produces management reports and conduct presentations concerning capacity issues, performance, equipment, system software, network communications and database administration.
- Assists in planning for the future information requirements of the foundation.
- Manages relationships with The Cleveland Clinic Foundation user departments in order to provide 24/7 availability of database management systems, system software and communication networks.
- Educates user departments and IT personnel on the importance of developing integrated Enterprise data resources using cooperative processing techniques across multiple computer platforms as well as developing integrated databases as our corporate strategy.
- Manages relationships with other IT departments to provide timely, accurate information.
- Evaluates and prepares development plans for internal technical management services projects and manages the execution of these plans.
- Evaluates and provides advice related to the development plans created by IT personnel relative to resource requirements and data access techniques.
- Designs and implements disaster recovery plans in order to recover critical enterprise data and operational systems at a remote location.
- Reviews and analyzes various environmental metric reports to monitor team performance and quality.
- Reviews and prepares reports as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Computer Science or related technology with five to eight years' data processing experience.
- For Information Technology Division caregivers, ITIL Foundations certification is required within 6 months of position start date.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Five years of data processing experience.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in advanced system design, programming techniques, knowledge of Systems Programming, communication concepts, database techniques and strategies.
- Ability to analyze, coordinate, and manage multiple technologies and concepts effectively.
- Understands the importance of customer service and how to effectively use available resources to service the Enterprise.
- Must have the ability to work well with others and be able to express ideas and concepts clearly.
- 5+ years’ of experience. Experience with supporting SQL Server databases in a large production environment.
- DP-300: Administering Relational Databases on Microsoft Azure
- Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Well versed with writing and tuning T-SQL procedures and DTS/SSIS packages.
- Practical experience in managing the internal and external MS SQL database security.
- Ensures availability and performance of databases.
- Creates both the logical and physical data models.
- Proactively monitors the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
- Manages SQL server security.
- Troubleshoots and problem-solves SQL development and SQL server production issues.
- Creates, sets-up and monitors all SQL server jobs.
- Requires extensive sitting and dexterity to perform work on a PC.
- Requires the ability to walk to other parts of the Foundation to attend meetings; must have normal or corrected vision and the ability to verbally communicate to employees.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Keywords: SQL Server databases, database structures, T-SQL, DTS/SSIS
MS SQL database security. logical data models, physical data models, SQL server security, Enterprise Lead MS SQL Database Administrator, DP-300, Administering Relational Databases, Microsoft Azure