Office Coordinator Clerical
Supports clinic operations by direct involvement with the physician(s) and nurse(s). Answers the phone, triaging calls, schedules appointments, schedules diagnostic testing and/or surgical procedures, obtains referral/authorizations, and maintains physician calendar and other administrative duties.
* Supports clinic operations by direct involvement with the physician(s) and nurse(s).
* Facilitates the access of patients to CCF through direct patient appointment scheduling or by serving as a liaison between patient and/or other medical departments.
* Works through and solves patient issues professionally and in a timely manner. Produces error-free transcribed correspondence.
* Takes and relays phone messages for the respective area in a clear and concise manner in accordance to CCF policy. Assists with calendar, meeting, and travel arrangements as requested and ensures proper forms are completed
* Ensures all patients are rescheduled relating to physician out days in a timely manner
* Orders supplies using cost effectively, appropriate cost center numbers and correct processes
* Utilizes correct pathway to retrieve lab and radiology reports (via Net Access) and dictated reports (via Total eMed) as needed
* Verifies and updates patient demographics and insurance information
* Identifies whether patient needs referral and/or authorization and obtains referral and/or authorization when necessary
* Ensures appointments are booked on proper case and add any cases or schemes as necessary
* Obtains proper information such as PCP, referring physician, CPT/DX codes prior to entering request into referral module
* Inputs reasons for all visits on all appointments. Ensures same day add-on appointment is communicated to appropriate department personnel. Ensures authorization is secured for same day add-on appointment and same day inpatient hospital admissions
* Ensures surgery packets are completed correctly and delivered in at timely manner to OPS and Access Plus
* Works in conjunction with nurse to reconcile day sheet with charge tickets
* Assists other departments within the pod as needed
* Maintains complete and up-to-date documentation and files at all times, including product and services quotes
* Other duties as assigned
* Some college or technical training
* Knowledge of medical technology gained through experience or formal course work
* Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills
* Basic arithmetic skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentage)
* Strong computer skills, working knowledge of (e.g., Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, email software). Typing competency with the ability to format, spell, punctuate, edit and proofread typed copy.
* Ability to transcribe dictated correspondence if needed
* Must have good organizational skill to perform multiple activities
* None required
Complexity of Work:
* All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as applied to the position: World Class Service Orientation: Includes attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill, and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner.
* Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities including adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback
* Efficiency and Effectiveness: Includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform successfully
* Essential Job Requirements: Includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work environment, including maintenance of required competencies and communication skills.
* Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable): Includes overall accountability for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints
* Note: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility
* Minimum of two (2) years medical office experience and/or a minimum two years medical insurance experience
* Able to relate to other health care workers and develop productive work relationships with peers and physicians
* Projects a cooperative, positive helping demeanor and is able to perform well under stressful conditions
* Is flexible and able to adjust to changes in assignments. Able to work under minimal supervision, prioritize workload and meet required deadlines
* Ability to sit for long periods of time, work in front of a computer monitor and use keyboard for sustained periods of time
* Able to walk about the department and hospital and lift and carry paper, notebooks up to 10 pounds without assistance
* Working conditions: fast-paced, very active position