Plans, organizes, implements and evaluates the habilitation and rehabilitation process of patients with hearing and/or vestibular disorders or those who are at high risk for these disorders.Collaborates with interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Evaluates patient and plans audiology program for each patient.
- Educates patient and family members regarding evaluation findings and proposed plan of care.
- Develops and implements appropriate treatment programs.Adjusts plan of care and treatment based on patient progress and needs
- Conducts or participates in training medical/nursing/allied health personnel and students in audiology techniques and objectives.
- Develops and instructs patient and family members in home programs as appropriate.
- Maintains required documentation on patients' progress according to standards.
- Ensures adequate stock of supplies and proper functioning of equipment.
- Participates in marketing of department services by building with referral sources and community.
- Completes and submits required departmental logs, forms and other documentation.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Martin Health System.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of a Master's Degree with major in Communication Disorders or Audiology
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) in Audiology as issued by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Current, valid Florida Audiologist license required -- Primary Source online verification required directly from State of Florida licensing database; Previous medical Audiology experience.
- Current acceptable CPR certification required:American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider OR American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.