Instructor Group Exercise
req # 120561 Location Stow, Ohio Facilities Health and Wellness Stow Professional Area Allied Health Department 9540 Lifestyles-Cleveland Clinic Akron General Jobcode AK0383 Schedule Part Time Shift PRN
Job DetailsUnder the supervision of the Group Exercise Coordinator, the Group Exercise Instructor is responsible for instructing their assigned exercise classes.
- Greets members and guests with a smile and delivers world-class service at all times.
- Arrives ten minutes ahead of time to prepare classroom and music.
- Screens class for new members, and instructs newcomers on class content. Refers members with possible limitations (including injuries and/or medication being taken) to a fitness staff member, manager, or physical therapist for further direction.
- Follows scheduled class format according to LifeStyles class descriptions within the designated class time.
- Uses proper terminology.
- Provides class with professional presentation and instruction.
- Receives approval from Group Exercise Manager for choreography, music selection, movement and breathing techniques, and utilization of equipment.
- Displays professional behavior at all times.
- Instructors are not doctors and will not diagnose or prescribe exercise. If a member asks specific questions regarding exercise the instructor will refer the member to the professional fitness staff.
- Operates A/V equipment and music with care.
- Completes accident/injury report when appropriate, and submits to the LifeStyles Director, Group Exercise Manager, and Manager on Duty.
- Returns all exercise equipment to proper storage and makes sure all exercise equipment and studio floor/pool deck is clean for the next class.
- Attends scheduled staff meetings and bi-annual LifeStyles meetings.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements. Maintains applicable certification/licensure.
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school graduate or the equivalent.
- Minimum of one Group Exercise certification required from an organization accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) including but not limited to: American Council on Exercise (ACE), American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), National Exercise Trainers Association (NETA), National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM). For Specialty formats, appropriate certification/license as dictated by format required.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
- First aid certification preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Ability to work variable hours required.
- Including but not limited to: Zumba?, Tabata Bootcamp?, Pilates (ex: Stott, Balanced Body, NETA), Aqua (Aquatics Exercise Association (AEA) and Arthritis Foundation).
- Group Cycling (ex: Keiser?, NETA, Spinning?).
- Martial Arts-based class (ex: Turbo Kick?, AFAA, NETA).
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required