Environmental Services - Full Time
req # 117726 Location Medina, Ohio Facilities Medina Hospital Professional Area Facilities Department N/A Jobcode I08006 Schedule Full Time Shift 7:00am-3:30pm/3:00pm-11:30pm
Job DetailsCreates a sanitary, safe environment and enhances the appearance of the facility.
- Cleans patient rooms, ancillary areas, exam rooms, offices, waiting areas, public restrooms, discharge rooms and other assigned areas.
- Stocks paper items and other supplies in patient rooms, exam rooms and restroom as necessary.
- Follows scripting, policies and procedures on patient isolation and all Environmental Services technical and procedural standard operating procedures.
- Follows and adheres to all hospital wide and departmental safety requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED) preferred.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires attention to detail, ability to follow directions and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Requires one to three months on-the-job training to learn departmental policies and procedures, various cleaning techniques, proper use and storage of cleaning agents and chemicals.
- Requires full body motion, including ability to perform work while lifting, bending, stooping, crouching, squatting and reaching.
- Requires continuous walking and standing on hard surfaces.
- Requires regular handling and use of disinfectants and other cleaning agents and chemicals.
- Light Work - Exerting 11 to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.