Health Unit Coordinator
req # 119053 Location Mayfield Heights, Ohio Facilities Hillcrest Hospital Professional Area Nursing Patient Support Department 2613 Float Pool-Hillcrest Hospital Jobcode B12012 Schedule Part Time Shift 2:30pm-11:00pm
Job DetailsProvides a high level of customer service to patients, families, visitors and employees to promote and supports the highest level of patient experience. Performs administrative and clerical duties to ensure efficient operational flow in their assigned department.
- Conducts an in-person greeting, welcome and orientation to the unit for newly admitted and transferred patients.
- Responds to patient call lights in a manner that expedites appropriate follow through.
- Makes rounds on patients throughout their hospital stay.
- Communicates and facilitates communication with patients, families, other departments and health care team members regarding patient care.
- Assists with processing patient admissions, transfers and discharges.
- Provides concierge service to assist patients and families with way finding and directs them to available resources.
- Assembles and maintains patient medical records and other documents related to patient care.
- Assists with unit clerical functions.
- Assists in trouble-shooting equipment failures such as call system, portable phones, WOWs and other unit devices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- College degree preferred.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a customer service-related role.
- Prior job experience with typing or computer training or equivalent coursework.
- Microsoft Office experience preferred
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires frequent data entry, standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Requires normal or corrected speech, hearing and vision.
- Requires some exposure to communicable disease or body fluids.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.