Lead Exercise Physiologist
req # 138292 Location Lyndhurst, Ohio Facilities Lyndhurst Campus Professional Area Allied Health Department 1770 Endocrinology-Endocrinology/Metabolism Inst Jobcode E99980 Schedule Full Time Shift 8:00am-5:00pm
Job DetailsLead the patient operations as well as maintain clinical excellence. Performs patient care, provides education programs for patients and staff. Performs assigned administrative duties under the direction of the site manager.
- Supervises the development and implementation of new/additional cardiac rehab/pulmonary programs/procedures
- Maintains staffing standards, establishes reasonable/safe employee assignments and monitors quality/quantity of work performed
- Ensures they are consistent with established CCF, departmental and professional society standards
- Participates in performance evaluation process, may recommend corrective actions as appropriate.
- May participate in the hiring process
- Provides patient testing before and after rehabilitation including strength, body composition, flexibility, balance and endurance
- Provides exercise prescriptions for patients utilizing test data, patient status and current medication regimen, updates prescription according to patient response
- Implements concepts of cardiac secondary prevention
- Recognizes contraindications to exercise and abnormal patient responses to exercise
- Responds appropriately to all situations including exercise cessation and referral to medical professionals.
- Provides exercise information for patients, peers and the community which may include public speaking education classes.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in exercise-related field.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider.
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Three years of related experience
- Must be able to stand/walk for long periods of time and ability to help patients stand and walk.
- Will require some lifting, bending, twisting of upper extremity to help limited patients.
- Must be able to adapt to different room temperatures in exercise.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.