RN Ambulatory Team Lead II NE
Job DetailsProvides professional nursing care to a specific patient population in a variety of ambulatory settings. Assists in providing clinical oversight to assigned employees and patients to ensure quality and safe care. Coordinates and resolves daily operational issues in specified clinical area. Works as part of an interdisciplinary care team.
- Performs duties of the RN ambulatory
- Coordinates and resolves daily operational issues in specified clinical area. Ensures compliance with regulatory standards and patient safety initiatives.
- Facilitates orientation, teaching, coaching and mentoring of assigned employees. Assists in the preparation of the department specific education for patients and colleagues.
- Participates in quality initiatives, process improvement and research activities to improve patient outcomes, patient experience, and patient safety. Ensures compliance with regulatory standards and patient safety initiatives. Collaborates with care coordinators to ensure smooth and effective transition of care.
- Some RN Ambulatory work may require travel within the region to support physician clinics and surgical procedures in various locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
•Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) required.
•In areas performing moderate sedation procedures and/or cardiac stress testing, must have current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) Certification within 6 months of hire.
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Ability to function in a variety of medical situations.
- The ability to travel within Cleveland Clinic regional locations.
- Professional behavior/appearance required, ability to focus on patient safety, teamwork, patient outcomes, patient experience and quality improvement.
- Minimum two years recent experience as a Registered Nurse required. Previous charge nurse or supervisory experience preferred.
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- May requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids.
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
- Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.