Occupational Health Nurse
req # 99666 Location Garfield Heights, Ohio Additional Locations Medina, Ohio Facilities CC Sports Health Center|Medina Medical Office Building Professional Area Nursing Department 4367 CC At Work-Caregiver Office Jobcode F2465E Schedule Part Time Shift 7:30am-4:00am
Job DetailsProvides services to the organization's employees in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization and follows practices to ensure employee compliance with Joint Commission, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC) and other regulatory agencies. Occupational Health, Case Management and ER experience preferred. Must be willing to travel to the below locations: Garfield CC @Work Medina CC @Work Mayfield Hts Lakewood Sharon Center East Cleveland Cuyahoga Falls Twinsburg
- Coordinates and provides direct clinical care to employees with a demonstrated knowledge of multiple disease processes.
- Works closely with provider in relation to return to work and workers compensation.
- Focuses on cost-effective ways to maximize wellness, prevent illness, disease and disability.
- Performs clinical and/or coordinates activities such as vision screens, venipuncture, TB testing, vaccinations, COC urine collection, breath alcohol testing, audiometry, spirometry, respiratory fit testing, health assessments, blood borne pathogen counseling.
- Coordinates and tracks compliance programs to meet standards of regulatory agencies for the health and safety of employees.
- Supports clinical manager in the oversight of clinical operations, scheduling, staffing, and delegation of duties.
- Maintains appropriate training.
- Works as part of an interdisciplinary team and attends appropriate hospital committee meetings.
- Enhances professional development by networking, reading or attending conferences on current employee health related topics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA).
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Two years of clinical experience required.
- Two years of employee health experience with training in COC urine specimen collection, breath alcohol testing, audiology, spirometry and venipuncture skills preferred.
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
- Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible.
- Note: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a production rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be and is physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of force exerted is negligible.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.