Environmental Services Area CleanerEuclid, Ohio, United States
- Cleans patient rooms, ancillary areas, exam rooms, offices, waiting areas, public restrooms, discharge rooms and other assigned areas.
- Stocks paper items and other supplies in patient rooms, exam rooms and restroom as necessary.
- Follows scripting, policies and procedures on patient isolation and all Environmental Services technical and procedural standard operating procedures.
- Follows and adheres to all hospital wide and departmental safety requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED) preferred.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires attention to detail, ability to follow directions and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Requires one to three months on-the-job training to learn departmental policies and procedures, various cleaning techniques, proper use and storage of cleaning agents and chemicals.
- Requires full body motion, including ability to perform work while lifting, bending, stooping, crouching, squatting and reaching.
- Requires continuous walking and standing on hard surfaces.
- Requires regular handling and use of disinfectants and other cleaning agents and chemicals.
- Light Work - Exerting 11 to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities