PATIENT CARE NURSE ASSISTANT - PCNADover, Ohio, United States
STATUS:RF (80 HOURS PER PAY PERIOD)
DAY/SHIFT/HOURS: Variable Days 7a-7p, 7p-7a
"Group B" Weekend, Every other Holiday
Job Profile Summary: Provides or assists with basic direct patient care activities under the supervision of an RN with skills specifically identified on applicable skills checklists for which training and competency have been established.
- Reports abnormal findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to RN.
- These may include but are not limited to vital signs, weights, assisting patients with personal care and activities of daily living, patient transfers/transport, pulse oximetry, point of care testing, dressing changes, application of external monitoring devices, and removal of urinary Foley Catheter.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms clean & orderly.
- Demonstrates a positive, concerned and sensitive response in the workplace.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with patients and staff.
- Ability to read, write and speak English and to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform basic clinical mathematics.
- Other duties as assigned. Competencies in both the professional, technical and clinical knowledge domains must be demonstrated in a safe, effective and efficient manner.
- Maintains personal growth and development through the ongoing process of formal and informal education.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) preferred.
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) required within new hire period.
- Nursing students required to have Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) prior to hire.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Demonstrates proficiency in applied mathematics & reading comprehension at an 8th grade level.
- Nursing students who have recently completed a minimum of one clinical rotation as part of an accredited nursing school program may substitute the clinical rotation for the required experience.
- Military experience as a Hospital Corpsman (HM), Combat Medic (68W) or Medical Service Technician (4N0X1) will be considered.
- Requires full body motion to move and lift patients, manual finger dexterity with good eye-hand coordination; involves extensive standing and walking.
- Medium Work – Exerting 20 to 50 pounds for force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities