PATIENT CARE NURSE ASSISTANT (PCNA) - StepdownDover, Ohio, United States
The Nursing Assistant assigned to the Step Down will demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide quality care appropriate to the age of the patient. The Nursing Assistant supports the RN in providing care for infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
Provides or assists with basic direct patient care activities under the supervision of an RN with skills specifically identified on applicable skills checklists for which training and competency have been established.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work inherent in the job.
- Reports abnormal findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to RN.
- These may include but are not limited to vital signs, weights, assisting patients with personal care and activates of daily living, patient transport, pulse oximetry, point of care testing, dressing changes, application of external monitoring devices, and removal of urinary Foley Catheter.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly.
- Demonstrates a positive, concerned and sensitive response in the workplace.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with patients and staff.
- Ability to read, write and speak English and to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform basic clinical mathematics.
- State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) preferred.
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) required within new hire period.
- Nursing student required to have Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) prior to hire.