MENTAL HEALTH THERAPIST, LISW/LSW OR LPCC/LPCDover, Ohio, United States
DAY/SHIFT/HOURS: Monday-Friday 8-4:30p.m. No weekends, nights or holidays
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsivities: Utilizes specialized clinical knowledge and advanced clinical skills in the areas psychotherapy, clinical counseling, diagnostic interviews, assessments and treatment plans to patients. ● ● Participates in development and implementation of an appropriate assessment based interdisciplinary treatment plan. Consults with team managers, statutory and voluntary agencies and patient relative to ensure compliance with patient treatment plan. ● ● Completes comprehensive psychosocial assessment, participates in interdisciplinary rounds. ● Provides individual, group, family and crisis counseling. Acts as a liaison with patients, families, community support workers and facilities to obtain information and facilitate discharge planning. ● ● Provides education and resources for patients and family members. Supervises and/or trains lower level social workers, students or interns. Processes paperwork, telephone calls and completes clinical documentation. ● ● Participates in continuing professional education, departmental meetings and teaching. ● Other duties as assigned.
· Master’s Degree in Social Work or Professional Clinical Counseling by an accredited institution or University.
· LISW/MSW or LPCC/MA preferred, LSW/LPC minimum requirement.
· Valid license from the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board.
· 4 years experience with therapist and assessment of psychiatric patients experience preferred.
· Excellent interpersonal skills/ability to work well with people projecting a positive image for the Hospital.
· Excellent demonstrated group therapy skills.
· Excellent communication, organizational and detail skills.
· Ability to remain calm and function well in stressful situations.
· Ability to work independently and prioritize work. Computer experience required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities