MEDICAL ASSISTANT– PAIN CLINICDover, Ohio, United States
STATUS: Full-Time (RF Status – 80 Hours/Pay-Period)
DAY/SHIFT/HOURS: 8 Hour Shifts/40 hours Pay Period
Monday – Friday
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Medical Assistant assigned to the Pain Clinic will demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide quality care appropriate to the age of the patient. The Medical Assistant will room patients, schedule, and discharge.
Works under the direction and supervision of the Manager of Diagnostic Imaging. The Medical Assistant actively participates in patient care routines assisting with activities of daily living and specific technical tasks with consideration for the age of the patient. Provides quality care in a customer-focused considerate manner respecting the patient’s rights. Documents care provided following established guidelines. Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work inherent in the job.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent.
- Registered or Certified Medical Assistant or valid Ohio state licensed LPN.
- BLS required.
- Meditech experience preferred.
- Duties including obtaining vital signs, recording patient data in EMR, entering prescriptions, reporting data to the RN.
- Ability to comprehend and follow principles of aseptic technique.
- Ability to learn and retain detailed information and accurately document data collected from the patient.
- Excellent basic clinical skills in delivery of care.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with people projecting a positive image for the Hospital.
- Ability to remain calm and function well in stressful situations.
- Ability to work independently/prioritize work.