Scientific Editorial Project Manager
req # 120151 Location Cleveland, Ohio Facilities Cleveland Clinic Main Campus Professional Area Administrative and Business Professionals Department 2936 LRI Cardiovascular and Metabolic Sciences-Research Innov and Educ Jobcode D99866 Schedule Full Time Shift 8:30am-5:00pm
Job DetailsWorks closely with Dept Chair, physician/investigator on his lab publications including multiple authors and various scientific journals functioning primarily as an editorial assistant. The ideal candidate will have advanced scientific training, experience in drafting, editing and organizing dozens of scientific manuscripts, grant writing, figures, protocols, literature searches and other academic documents concurrently being developed with >2 dozen scientists in related laboratory. Candidate will have masterful command of multiple graphical programs including but not limited to Adobe Illustrator, Canvas, Jump, PowerPoint, and Chem Draw; Excel, Word, website programs; and experience with ERA commons and Pubmed alignment with NIH reporter. Candidate will assist with special projects and have understanding of complex topics including impact factor, space allocation metrics, and mapping and graphing of financial statistics for presentation.
- Assists in the development and monitoring of department projects.
- Participates in achieving operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and
- Participates in preparing and completing action plans, implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; participates in resolving problems, completing audits, identifying trends, determining system improvements and implementing change.
- Assists in meeting financial objectives by participating in developing forecasting requirements.
- Participates in preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures.
- Analyzes variances and initiates corrective actions.
- Sets and manages project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field.
- Project Management Certification (PMP) preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience coordinating projects preferred.
- Previous experience editing lab publications, including scientific manuscripts, grant writing and protocols is highly preferred.
- Effective relationship building skills are required.
- Additional project management experience may offset the Bachelor's degree requirement.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment.
- May require periods of sitting, standing and the ability to walk to various locations throughout the health system to attend meetings.
- Must have normal or corrected vision and be able to clearly communicate verbally by phone or in person.
- Must have own transportation to travel to multiple sites.
Keywords: editorial, scientific manuscripts, grant writing, grant, lab publications, ERA commons, Pubmed, NIH