Scheduling CoordinatorCleveland, Ohio, United States
req # 66429 Location Cleveland, Ohio Facilities Cleveland Clinic Main Campus Professional Area Customer Service Department N/A Jobcode B16014 Schedule Full Time Shift 8:00am-5:00pm
- Ensures accuracy of system-wide master patient index through validation and capture of patient demographic data.
- Validates patient physician information and ensures accurate collection.
- Validates and captures primary, secondary and tertiary insurance coverage to ensure accurate billing.
- Identifies patients in need of financial counseling to ensure appropriate payment of services.
- Identifies services out of insurance plan or requiring referrals; may inform patient of courses of action.
- Triage appointments based on diagnosis, patient preferences and physician specialty.
- Coordinates services and provides special instructions as requested by patient, internal physicians and referring physicians.
- Performs scheduling both intra- and inter-departmentally as requested by physician orders.
- Receives orders and processes as indicated by provider and schedules according to protocol.
- Responsible for maximizing a department's allocated spaces by scheduling all procedures/surgeries.
- Enters appointment into respective programs, both routine and emergency add-on.
- Ensures accuracy of all data including appropriate CPT coding and case information (side, equipment, etc.).
- Enters all updates, correction and changes to scheduled procedures/surgeries.
- Maintains provider schedules for designated unit. Coordinates multiple physician schedules. Maintains familiarity with all appropriate scheduling function.
- Serves as liaison with admitting office regarding hospital reservations, update admission information and cancels reservations.
- Notifies patients of their arrival times per area protocols.
- Acts as a resource to all department personnel (surgeons, medical secretaries, nurses, residents, etc.) on daily activity.
- Communicates with all departments to maximize efficiency and expedite the admission process.
- Maintains designated space/unit and patient management calendars/ledgers; maintains department data based on area needs.
- Communicates with patients and their families to provide detailed instructions, directions and resources available.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Working knowledge of computerized appointment/OR scheduling systems, patient billing, insurance processing or other related office functions to coordinate patient access.
- In-depth knowledge of medical terminology and/or CPT/ICD coding preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel applications.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact successfully with all levels of personnel.
- Requires extensive exchange of verbal communication by phone and in person.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and organizational skills are essential.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Must treat all information and data within the scope of the position with appropriate confidentiality.
- Requires the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Ability to promote and utilize a consistent problem solving methodology.
- Ability to function independently and as a team.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and able to work under stringent deadlines.
- Two years related experience in an area that provides broad knowledge of medical terminology that includes patient registration, patient billing, insurance processing or appointment/OR scheduling. Or three years of customer service concierge experience.
- Proficiency in use of personal computer (PC) and general knowledge of PC based systems and software.
- Requires frequent standing, walking and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs.
- Requires manual dexterity to grasp and handle records and to operate PC computer in the course of work and navigate throughout the hospital.
- Normal or corrected vision.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Keywords: scheduling, appointment scheduling, oncology, healthcare