New Grad RN - All Units - RN Loan Repayment Program
Begin your nursing career at Cleveland Clinic and find what matters most to your development. From day one, you’ll be guided by a Success Coach as you learn alongside some of the most accomplished professionals in the industry and plan your own future in our accredited, one-of-a-kind nursing residency. Join our family of caregivers and see firsthand how personalized support and renowned healthcare go hand in hand.
- Full Time
- Level: Nurse Resident
What makes a successful Nurse at Cleveland Clinic?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Cleveland Clinic is a great place to start out your nursing career because there are endless opportunities for continued professional growth and skill development. The Cleveland Clinic has a vested interest in each caregiver's personal and professional wellbeing so they can deliver on the promise of exceptional care.– Randy K., Nurse Manager
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our Main Campus is a nonprofit multispecialty academic medical center that integrates clinical and hospital care with research and education. Our 165 acre, 42 building Main Campus includes a quaternary care center with 1,437 hospital beds to care for patients from our 27 clinical and specialties institutes.
Ranked #1 in the Cleveland Metro Area, and #1 in Ohio by US News & World Report, Cleveland Clinic Main Campus offers World Class Care to patients from down Euclid Avenue to around the world!
This position is eligible for the Student Loan Repayment Program.
Cleveland Clinic is always creating new ways to support our caregivers, because we believe in caring for you both personally and professionally. We are proud to invite our registered nurses to participate in our new student loan repayment program. This program is available for select RN jobs at all U.S. Cleveland Clinic locations.
The RN selected for this position will be immediately eligible for tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance, and student loan repayment as a part of our many offerings to invest in your health, well-being and future. Apply today and be comforted in knowing you have the stability and security you need to practice amazing medicine while moving forward in your career.
Program Offering Overview:
For full-time nurses: up to $437.50 per month/lifetime maximum program benefit of $15,750
For part-time nurses: up to $218.75 per month/lifetime maximum program benefit of $7,500
*Some restrictions may apply
Cleveland Clinic was at the forefront of modern medicine when founded in 1921. 100 years later, the vision of our founders remains Cleveland Clinic’s mission: caring for life, researching for health, and educating those who serve. From a small outpatient clinic, it has grown to become the world’s first integrated international health system.
We are proud to be a Magnet® Hospital since 2003, awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC); this designation is the highest honor an organization can receive for professional nursing practice.
• Cancer - Ranked #1 in Ohio / #5 Nationally
• Cardiology and Heart Surgery- Ranked #1 in Ohio / #1 Nationally (26yrs)
• Diabetes and Endocrinology- Ranked #1 in Ohio / #13 Nationally
• Ear, Nose and Throat- Ranked #1 in Ohio / #22 Nationally
• Emergency Department
• Gastroenterology and GI Surgery - Ranked #1 in Ohio / #3 Nationally
• Geriatrics - Ranked #1 in Ohio / #2 Nationally
• Gynecology – Ranked #1 in Ohio/ #3 Nationally
• Medical Surgical
• Neurology and Neurosurgery- Ranked #1 in Ohio / #7 Nationally
• Orthopedics - Ranked #1 in Ohio / #7 Nationally
• Pediatrics – National recognition in 10 of 10 specialties
• Pulmonology - Ranked #1 in Ohio / #5 Nationally
• Urology - Ranked #1 in Ohio / #2 Nationally
Patients around the world come to Cleveland Clinic because of our reputation for World Class Care. Which is why our practice is to invest heavily in our caregivers from day one. Here, learning and support go hand-in-hand, and you’ll experience that throughout your residency and beyond. Combining your education with simulation-based training, we’ll guide your development, building on the skills you’ll use today and helping to identify other areas you’re passionate about. It’s a true collaboration, personalized for what matters most to you. Because exceptional care requires exceptional caregivers.
Our Nursing Institute has received Center of Excellence designation by the National League for Nursing for Promoting the Academic Progression of Nurses snice 2017. Additional, our Nurse Residency program achieved Accreditation with Distinction from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) in May 2020.
New graduate nurses will participate in a residency core curriculum based on their individual learning needs. Provides direct nursing care, alongside a coach, in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
By completing this application, you will be considered for a New Grad RN career at Cleveland Clinic. Once you submit a completed application, you will be contacted by a recruiter to discuss your interests and passions so we can best connect you with the right opportunity.
- Participates in a residency core curriculum based on their individual learning needs.
- Provides direct nursing care, alongside a coach, in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Establishes and/or revises priorities for patient care activities based on the following: acuity of need, patient preference, and resource availability.
- Initiates and/or maintains interventions to assure continuity of safe/effective care for patients.
- Responds to data indicating risk to individual's health and initiates action to correct, reduce, or prevent the risk.
- Seeks supervision, consultation, assistance when unable to perform safely and independently.
- Complies with established hospital/department personnel policies.
- Uses communication strategies in order to achieve desirable outcomes.
- Documents in patient's medical record according to established guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- BSN preferred
Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA).
If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- New grad or less than one year RN work experience or if experience RN moving from non-inpatient to acute direct care clinical inpatient setting with less than one year current acute direct patient care RN experience.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
Nursing Floats, H80, M63, G70, J56, J5-6, G100, H51, G101, H81, G111, H71, G80, H70, G90, H60, G110, Q5, H62, H63, DDSI, M60, J81, J8-1, G50, G51, G60, G61, G52, G53, G54, J64, J6-4, G91, J5-4, J54, M70, M71, M33, J83, J8-3, J53, J5-3, J71, J7-1, J55, J5-5, M80, ED, J73, J7-3, J72, J7-2, J82, J8-2, J6-5, J65, J62, J6-2, J52, J5-2, G20, H22, J61, J6-1, G62, Observation, G81, M40, J66, J6-6, J31, J3-1, M31, G71, J32, J3-2, J63, J6-3, J51, J5-1, J33, J3-3, M30, M50, H50, M43, M53, Internal Medicine, Taussig, Oncology, Glickman, HVTI, Seizure, Epilepsy, Transplant, Leukemia, MAGNET, CVICU, SICU, MICU, Respiratory, Urology, Digestive Disease, Med Surg, Acute, Stepdown, New Grad, Residency, Medical, Surgical, Transplant, CCF, CC, Neuro, Neurological, Cancer, Emergency, ER, Step, Telemetry, Cardiac, Renal, Ortho
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities