New Grad RN – All Units - Cleveland Clinic Main Campus
Job DetailsWe are a nonprofit multispecialty academic medical center that integrates clinical and hospital care with research and education. Our 165 acre, 42 building Main Campus includes a quaternary care center with 1,437 hospital beds, and 27 clinical and specialties institutes.
Cleveland Clinic was at the forefront of modern medicine when its founders opened it as a multi-specialty group practice in 1921. In its first century, Cleveland Clinic has introduced many medical firsts, opened facilities around the world and is proud to be ranked among the top hospitals in the country. Now, 100 years later, the vision of the founders remains Cleveland Clinic’s mission: caring for life, researching for health, and educating those who serve. From a small outpatient clinic, it has grown to become the world’s first integrated international health system.
We are proud to be a Magnet® Hospital, Awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center; this designation is the highest honor an organization can receive for professional nursing practice.
• Cancer - Ranked #1 in Ohio / #5 Nationally
• Cardiology and Heart Surgery- Ranked #1 in Ohio / #1 Nationally
• Diabetes and Endocrinology- Ranked #1 in Ohio / #6 Nationally
• Ear, Nose and Throat- Ranked #1 in Ohio / #16 Nationally
• Emergency Department
• Gastroenterology and GI Surgery - Ranked #1 in Ohio / #3 Nationally
• Geriatrics - Ranked #1 in Ohio / #2 Nationally
• Gynecology – Ranked #1 in Ohio/ #2 Nationally
• Medical Surgical
• Nephrology - Ranked #1 in Ohio / #5 Nationally
• Neurology and Neurosurgery- Ranked #1 in Ohio / #9 Nationally
• Orthopedics - Ranked #1 in Ohio / #9 Nationally
• Pediatrics – National recognition in 10 of 10 specialties
• Pulmonology - Ranked #1 in Ohio / #4 Nationally
• Urology - Ranked #1 in Ohio / #4 Nationally
Patients around the world come to Cleveland Clinic because of our reputation for world-class care. Which is why our practice is to invest heavily in our caregivers from day one. Here, learning and support go hand-in-hand, and you’ll experience that throughout your residency and beyond. Combining your education with simulation-based training, we’ll guide your development, building on the skills you’ll use today and helping to identify other areas you’re passionate about. It’s a true collaboration, personalized for what matters most to you. Because exceptional care requires exceptional caregivers.
By completing this application, you may be considered for a New Grad RN career opportunity at Cleveland Clinic. Once you submit a completed application, you will be contacted to discuss your experience, shift, and schedule preferences so we can best identify the right opportunity for you.
Participates in a residency core curriculum based on their individual learning needs. Provides direct nursing care, alongside a coach, in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Participates in a residency core curriculum based on their individual learning needs.
- Provides direct nursing care, alongside a coach, in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Establishes and/or revises priorities for patient care activities based on the following: acuity of need, patient preference, and resource availability.
- Initiates and/or maintains interventions to assure continuity of safe/effective care for patients.
- Responds to data indicating risk to individual's health and initiates action to correct, reduce, or prevent the risk.
- Seeks supervision, consultation, assistance when unable to perform safely and independently.
- Complies with established hospital/department personnel policies.
- Uses communication strategies in order to achieve desirable outcomes.
- Documents in patient's medical record according to established guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- BSN preferred
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA).
If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- New grad or less than one year RN work experience or if experience RN moving from non-inpatient to acute direct care clinical inpatient setting with less than one year current acute direct patient care RN experience.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
Nursing Floats, H80, M63, G70, J56, J5-6, G100, H51, G101, H81, G111, H71, G80, H70, G90, H60, G110, Q5, H62, H63, DDSI, M60, J81, J8-1, G50, G51, G60, G61, G52, G53, G54, J64, J6-4, G91, J5-4, J54, M70, M71, M33, J83, J8-3, J53, J5-3, J71, J7-1, J55, J5-5, M80, ED, J73, J7-3, J72, J7-2, J82, J8-2, J6-5, J65, J62, J6-2, J52, J5-2, G20, H22, J61, J6-1, G62, Observation, G81, M40, J66, J6-6, J31, J3-1, M31, G71, J32, J3-2, J63, J6-3, J51, J5-1, J33, J3-3, M30, M50, H50, M43, M53, Internal Medicine, Taussig, Oncology, Glickman, HVTI, Seizure, Epilepsy, Transplant, Leukemia