Medical Librarian II - Electronic Resources Librarian
Job DetailsProvides advanced professional library services in identification, location, retrieval, and delivery of relevant information sources such as the selection, development, organization, and management of library collections, including in print, non-print, or electronic formats. Orients, educates, and trains library users in effective use of appropriate library resources and services.
In addition to providing reference services, literature searches, library chat services the Electronic Resources Librarian will:
·Oversees all workflow related to managing the life cycle of the Libraries’ electronic resources, including acquisition, access, administration, support, and evaluation.
·Coordinates resource renewal decisions with library collection specialists,interlibrary loan librarians, and Library Director.
·Notifies vendors of renewal and cancellation decisions.
·Investigates and identifies new products and purchase models.
·Places orders for new resources, sets up, maintains, and troubleshoots access.
·Develops and maintains effective working relationships with vendors, publishers, and consortia.
·Serves as member of the OhioLINK E-Resources group and assists Library Director in managing and making decisions about OhioLINK resources.
·Assists Library Director negotiating with vendors to obtain favorable pricing and access terms.
·Coordinates and monitors license agreement processing with Cleveland Clinic legal department and supply chain.
·Processes, coordinates and monitors invoice payments with Cleveland Clinic supply chain and accounts payable and follows up on problems.
·Tracks electronic resource expenditures and monitors electronic resources budget.
·Maintains detailed resource records for all products.
·Coordinates and communicates with Cataloging Librarian to ensure current and accurate catalog access to all e-resources.
·Updates and maintains discovery layer, follows up on problems, and works collaboratively with Systems Librarian to customize and improve interface.
·Assists System Librarian with the access and functionality of library electronic resources within the library's website.
·Updates and maintains link resolver.
·Updates and maintains remote access and authentication products and serves as liaison to EZProxy vendor and Cleveland Clinic IT.
·Investigates resource access issues, works collaboratively to resolve them, communicates status to appropriate user communities, and analyzes recurring issues to proactively prevent future occurrence.
·Oversees collection and compilation of resource usage statistics.
·Develops, provides, and utilizes assessment tools to evaluate current resources and identify areas of need.
·Keeps current on emerging trends, practices, and standards in electronic resource management and the publishing industry, and implements new initiatives Creates and maintains up-to-date policies and procedures for all electronic resource management workflows.
- Masters degree in Library/Information Science.
- Credentialing by the Medical Library Association's (MLA) Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP) is preferred, or working toward AHIP.
- Any of the following AHIP levels preferred: Provisional, Member Level, Senior Member Level, Distinguished Member Level or Emeritus Member Level.
- 4 years professional experience (post-MSLS) to include 2 years in medical/life sciences-related activities (reference/instruction, collection development, cataloging, e-resources).
- Knowledgeable of bibliographic and data management or records to better integrate the ILS system into other library discovery products highly preferred.
- Normal or corrected vision, including color vision; speech clarity.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time viewing computer screen; manual dexterity sufficient to use a PC.
- Lifting and carrying books up to 25 pounds; occasionally pushing book carts up to 75 pounds.
Keywords: National Library of Medicine, NLM, MeSH, AACR2, RDA, Innovate, ILS, bibliographic, data management, library, medical library