Lab Technician II - Full time Nights
req # 115190 Location Cleveland, Ohio Facility Cleveland Clinic Main Campus Professional Area Allied Health Department 3284 Lab Central Processing-Pathology And Lab Medicine Jobcode C17008 Schedule Full Time Shift 11:00pm-7:30pm
Job DetailsResponsible for specific laboratory specimen, orders and information disposition. Performs specimen investigation procedures to resolve lab specimen issues or problems. Performs general lab and quality assurance procedures.
- Coordinates prioritization, receipt and delivery of laboratory specimens.
- Verifies accurate documentation relative to specimen processing.
- Accepts or rejects specimens according to established standards and performs specimen investigation procedures to resolve lab specimen issues or problems.
- Prepares specimens for analysis; aliquots, transports and distributes specimens.
- Maintains tracking information for specimens.
- Maintains instrumentation and equipment along with its cleanliness.
- Performs preventive maintenance and record keeping procedures.
- Maintains appropriate workstation supplies and inventory.
- Maintains patient, specimen and tracking data using laboratory computer system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent.
- Three years of progressive lab experience may substitute for required education.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum one year experience in similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree in a laboratory-based major may substitute for 1 year of lab work experience.
- Typical physical demands include visual acuity and the ability to distinguish colors; manual dexterity to handle specimens and repair equipment; may require extended periods of sitting, standing and walking.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.