Lab Technician II - Full time Nights, Blood BankCleveland, Ohio, United States
- Coordinates prioritization, receipt and delivery of laboratory specimens.
- Verifies accurate documentation relative to specimen processing.
- Accepts or rejects specimens according to established standards and performs specimen investigation procedures to resolve lab specimen issues or problems.
- Prepares specimens for analysis; aliquots, transports and distributes specimens.
- Maintains tracking information for specimens.
- Maintains instrumentation and equipment along with its cleanliness.
- Performs preventive maintenance and record keeping procedures.
- Maintains appropriate workstation supplies and inventory.
- Maintains patient, specimen and tracking data using laboratory computer system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent.
- Three years of progressive lab experience may substitute for required education.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum one year experience in similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree in a laboratory-based major may substitute for 1 year of lab work experience.
- Typical physical demands include visual acuity and the ability to distinguish colors; manual dexterity to handle specimens and repair equipment; may require extended periods of sitting, standing and walking.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Keywords: laboratory, lab, testing, pathology, technician, process, processing, processor, accession, accessioning, blood
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities