Innovations Engagement Associate - Life SciencesCleveland, Ohio, United States
- Create relationships with key internal stakeholders to identify potential inventions and develop high quality invention disclosures.
- Partner with inventors and connect them with Innovations resources to assist in developing ideas.
- Engage and maintain relationships with inventors and leaders based on operational metrics.
- Provide education for inventors. Support Innovation related caregiver training programs.
- Facilitate and improve inventor communication and engagement
- Facilitate Structured Innovation sessions.
- Track and report on inventor engagement (frequency and diversity of contacts) through a customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Track and report on high-quality IDFs, translation rate, number of Structured Innovations sessions, number of caregivers completing training courses, and other metrics.
- Engage with all Innovation teams.
- Assist in the development and implementation of operational plans that work toward the strategic priorities of the organization.
- Uphold compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in life or physical sciences, biomedical engineering, finance, business or related field.
- PhD in Biological Life Sciences preferred.
- None required
Complexity of Work:
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with academic and corporate sectors and comprehend details of new and diverse technologies.
- Must be a self-starter with strong work ethics and excellent marketing and negotiation skills.
- Must have demonstrated comfort with multi-tasking and the ability to meet deadlines.
- A minimum 3 years of relevant experience in health care industry (medical devices, therapeutics, diagnostics, HIT).
- Deep understanding of cellular and biological pathways preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience in therapeutic and/or diagnostic development preferred.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment.
- May require periods of sitting, standing and the ability to walk to various locations throughout the health system to attend meetings.
- Must have normal or corrected vision and be able to clearly communicate verbally by phone or in person.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
Keywords: translational, biotech, drug development, therapeutics, life sciences, diagnostic development, biological pathways, cellular pathways, biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities