Facilities Maintenance Technician IICleveland, Ohio, United States
- Performs minor maintenance repair work in one or more of the following areas: electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, and/or paint.
- Performs utility and structural repairs as needed, alone or in collaboration with internal/external tradespersons.
- Documents and maintains records of inspections and work performed pursuant to departmental policies and warranty/vendor requirements.
- Work may occasionally be assigned across multiple Cleveland Clinic locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma / GED or equivalent required.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in general electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, mechanical repair or HVAC.
- Military experience such as a Utilitiesman (UT), Builder (BU), Machinists Mate (MM) or similar will be considered.
- Completion of a formal training program in building repair to include general electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, maintenance repair or HVAC may substitute for experience.
- Typical physical demands require full body motion including ability to perform work while bending, stooping, stretching and climbing ladders.
- Requires dexterity and strength sufficient to operate required tools and machinery; typically required to lift and carry machinery and/or equipment weighing 25 to 100 lbs. and/or assist with lifting weights exceeding 100 lbs.
- Requires color acuity sufficient to distinguish color-coded signage and systems.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Keywords: maintenance, technician, machinist, operator, set ups, hand tools, power tools, assembler, assembly, electrical, electronic
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities