req # 130256 Location Cleveland, Ohio Facilities Cleveland Clinic Main Campus Professional Area Allied Health Department 2745 Critical Care Transport-Medical Operations Jobcode G99989 Schedule Part Time Shift Part Time
Job DetailsPerforms all basic and life support skills as prescribed by the State of Ohio and the Medical Director. Assumes responsibility and primary accountability for the safe operation of the designated emergency response vehicle. Assists in patient care and transport as directed. Works collaboratively with members of the team to provide essential emergency response services.
- Responds safely and without delay to calls for emergency assistance.
- Reports on time to scheduled obligations.
- Operates emergency vehicle safely and in accordance with department policy and procedures. Performs daily vehicle safety and readiness checks, reporting any actual and potential hazards.
- Displays a positive image of the department and the hospital to the general public and to other employees.
- Participates in Performance Improvement projects for the department/hospital as requested. Serves on committees/task force for the hospital and/or department as requested.
- Performs other functions related to the job role.
- Provides care and communication suitable for appropriate age-specific care. Neonatal (1 - 28 days); Pediatric (29 days - 12 years); Adolescent (13 - 18 years); Adult (19 - 74 years); Geriatric (75+ years).
- Conducts point-of-care laboratory testing as part of patient care, and participates in requisite point-of-care testing maintenance procedures to comply with regulatory standards of the College of American Pathologists, or other bodies as applicable.
- Maintains current knowledge with respect to department and hospital activities, new procedures and technology.
- Reports pertinent observations regarding patients to the appropriate person.
- Assists other emergency response agencies in securing patient for treatment / transport as needed.
- Functions as an advocate for the patient and their family by supplying and interpreting information, supporting decisions and facilitating communication.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative communications with other health care professionals and hospital departments. Participates in the orientation of new personnel.
- Participates in the maintenance of a clean and safe environment. Practices fiscal responsibility in the use of supplies, equipment and time management.
- Maintains the specific confidentiality issues of the patient.
- Responsible to complete all required departmental Continuing Education annually.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved Basic EMT Program. NIMS I-700, ICS-100 and ICS-200 - Incident Command Courses. Operation of emergency vehicles.
- Competent to use related clinical equipment.
- Competent use of communications equipment.
- Competent use of electronic patient care report system.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities.
- Current licensure as an Emergency Medical Technician/Paramedic (EMTP)-Basic in the State of Ohio.
- Current, valid Ohio driver's license (VDL) and insurable through Cleveland Clinic's liability carrier.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) HealthCare Provider card.
- Two years of experience driving emergency vehicles as an EMT.
- The physical requirements of this position are; the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move various weights up to and exceeding 25 pounds, pursuant to safely ambulating patients as needed.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.