Coordinator Coding I
req # 125886 Location Cleveland, Ohio Facilities Remote Location Professional Area Finance Department 9465 Administrative Billing-Cleveland Clinic Akron General Jobcode AK0195 Schedule Full Time Shift 7:30am-4:00pm
Job DetailsUnder the direct supervision of the Manager, Revenue Cycle, the Coordinator, Coding is responsible for coordinating network coding practices in collaboration with administration, physicians and office staff. The Coordinator is responsible for in-house training and charge ticket updates.
- Ensures accuracy of ICD-9 and CPT coding. Conducts quarterly physician audits to ensure compliance of coding.
- Works coding denials within payor specific timeframes.
- Accurately completes standard and payor specific appeal forms.
- Follows up on unpaid appealed claims and updates practice management system with status.
- Keeps current on payor related coding and appeal issues.
- Communicates and shares insurance and coding related updates with co-workers, practice staff, physicians and residents.
- Troubleshoots billing problems/issues. Collaborates with physicians and staff to resolve coding issues at each practice site.
- Meets with physicians regarding coding compliance. Reports potential compliance issues to management and/or the compliance officer.
- Interfaces with coding consultants to make best use of coding consultant's time and effort. Assists with implementing recommendations from consultants.
- Maintains database of coding for physicians, monitoring performance and recommending changes in areas of deficiency.
- Maintains and updates coding skills through attendance in coding inservices and educational programs.
- Assists with updating and maintaining the central payor manual.
- Assists with researching, preparing and presenting educational updates.
- Maintains compliance with HIPAA, Medicare, Medicaid and third party payor regulations.
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school graduate or the equivalent.
- Certified Professional Coder - American Academy of Professional Coders
- and/ or Certified Coding Specialist - American Health Information Management Association
- and/ or Certified Medical Coder - American Health Information Management Association
- and /or Certified Medical Coder - Practice Management Institute
- Complexity of Work:
- Knowledge of medical information systems. Demonstrated skill and working knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding ART CMC CPC or other coding certification required. Knowledge of posting, claims management and collections. Ability to provide training and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Proficient in use of personal computer software applications such as Word, Access and Excel. Ability to interact positively with physicians office staff members and administration. Previous participation in medical office training and seminars preferred.
- Five years experience in a physician office setting three years in an administrative capacity.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required