Central Processing TechnicianCleveland, Ohio, United States
req # 142524 Location Cleveland, Ohio Facilities Cleveland Clinic Main Campus Professional Area Laboratory Department 3284 Lab Central Processing-Pathology And Lab Medicine Jobcode C12010 Schedule Full Time Shift 2:00pm-10:30pm
- Performs pre-analytical processing tasks to make specimens ready for analysis.
- Identifies discrepancies and maintains documentation as necessary.
- Enters test requests or verifies specimen receipt in the appropriate laboratory computer system.
- Enters results for send out tests.
- Monitors computer systems for problems.
- Communicates and documents essential information accurately and in a timely manner to all appropriate personnel.
- Complies with safety procedures and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of basic biology, chemistry and mathematics (sufficient to measure and calculate metric quantities) normally acquired through high school course work.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Six (6) months of prior patient care experience in a healthcare environment including data entry experience.
- Formal training in basic laboratory functions may substitute for the six months of prior patient care experience
- Manual dexterity to perform specimen handling techniques (i.e. cell washing, pH adjustment) and to make measurements.
- May require extended periods of standing, walking or sitting.
- Visual acuity, including the ability to distinguish colors.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.