Associate Cleveland Clinic VenturesCleveland, Ohio, United States
- Analyzes financial results of Innovations New Companies’ startups compared to plans and forecasts
- Identifies trends in the industry and specific markets for the Innovations New Companies’ startup’s specific technology and competition.
- Coordinates activities with all others in the Innovations Commercialization team and participates in the ongoing development of Innovations New Companies team by fostering on-going external relationships with entrepreneurial and venture communities.
- Interfaces with Cleveland Clinic startup board members and Directors, General Manager to ensure that the goals of Innovations New Companies team are advanced.
- Works with the Cleveland Clinic startup company team to create and deliver investor presentations that are designed to attract and expedite the investment of external capital into companies formed by the Cleveland Clinic.
- Works with Cleveland Clinic startup companies to keep corporate documents up to date including: financials, business plans, board meeting minutes, legal documents.
- Assembles, verifies, and maintains deal room data for Innovations New Companies team’s portfolio companies.
- Works with General Manager on portfolio company performance benchmarks and reporting such as forward looking Key Performance Indicators for companies’ for stakeholders related to the Cleveland Clinic startups.
- Bachelor's degree in the information technology, physical or engineering sciences, business, economics or related field.
- Master’s in Business Administration or equivalent is preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Ability to work with numerous technologies including multiple databases, spreadsheets, word documents, PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Excellent project management and product management skills and experience.
- Three years of business research and analysis experience and experience with entrepreneurial resources.
- Requires frequent sitting, normal or corrected vision and manual dexterity sufficient to perform work on a personal computer.
- Requires the ability to walk to various locations to attend meetings.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Keywords: start up, innovation, digital health, med tech, life sciences, analyst, VC, venture capital, investor
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities