Assistant Nurse Manager Pediatrics-Days only
req # 114150 Location Cleveland, Ohio Facility Cleveland Clinic Main Campus Professional Area Nursing Leadership Department 2942 Peds Division Office-Pediatric Inst/Childrens Hosp Jobcode T28017 Schedule Full Time Shift 8:00am-5:00pm/8:00am-5:30pm
Job DetailsMonitors daily clinical operations of outpatient clinics. Provides professional nursing care to a specific patient population in a variety of settings. Oversees RNs, LPNs, MAs and other patient care providers of a specified service line to ensure quality of care. Anticipates and resolves patient care and personnel issues. Participates in hiring and onboarding of personnel, annual performance reviews, and performance improvement.
- Oversees nursing personnel and patient care providers in the clinical setting.
- Coordinates activities to ensure quality and safe patient care.
- Anticipates and resolves patient care and personnel issues.
- In conjunction with the clinical manager, assures maintenance of annual staff competencies and continuing education.
- Performs duties of the RN Ambulatory as needed. Collaborates with care coordinators to ensure smooth and effective transition of care.
- Participates and/or coordinates committees, task forces, and continuous improvement activities.
- Participates in department leadership meetings.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory standards and patient safety initiatives.
- Assumes responsibilities of the clinical manager as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN required.
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA)
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Ability to function in a variety of medical situations.
- Professional behavior/appearance required, ability to focus on patient safety, teamwork, patient outcomes, patient experience and quality improvement.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong leadership, communication, problem-solving, decision-making and conflict resolution skills required.
- Minimum two years recent experience as a Registered Nurse required. Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- May requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids.
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects. Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.