Special Care Nursery RNCanton, Ohio, United States
The Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care to patients within an assigned department using the nursing process, functions as a liaison between patient and physician, and practices in the roles of care provider, educator, and member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing rapport with patients and families.
- Maintains a compassionate and caring environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, and their families and support persons.
- Provides direct patient care to assigned patients and assists in the care of other patients as needed.
- Administers medications and nursing interventions to achieve progress toward positive patient outcomes, or to stabilize a patient’s condition and/or prevent complications.
- Assesses patients’ response to medication, therapy, and treatments and makes appropriate adjustments and modifications to treatment plan as indicated or directed by supervisor or physician.
- Creates a plan of care, individualized to patient needs and reflective of patient goals.
- Assesses educational needs of patient and family regarding medication, care, therapy, and diet, and tailors communication to the individual’s needs.
- Empowers patients and promotes positive outcomes by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, family, and support persons about condition, medications, and self-care skills; and listening to concerns and answering questions.
- Supervises care, treatment, and services of patient care provided by LPNs, CNAs, and other staff on assigned unit and shift. Reports patient concerns and changes in condition to supervisor and/or physician in a timely manner.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs. Maintains confidentiality and security of patients’ medical information.
- Fosters collaboration between health care teams by communicating information, responding to requests, building rapport, and participating in team problem-solving activities.
- Ability to function independently, and as part of a team.
- Detail oriented, with ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to apply sound judgment with clinical skills for optimal patient care.
- Demonstrates flexibility by accepting and supporting changes in work assignments as related to department and patient needs.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills. Proficient in working with all ages and patient populations.
- Basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of appropriate equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective patient outcomes.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling up to 40 pounds.
- Transferring, repositioning patients.
- Reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching for patient care functions.
- Ability to perform effectively in a stressful and fast-paced environment.
Educational, Licensure, & Experience Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Minimum 1 year post graduate acute care hospital experience preferred.
- Minimum 1 year medical-surgical nursing experience preferred.
- Experience preferred in appropriate clinical care areas.
Keywords: Registered Nurse, Nurse, Nursing, Charge Nurse, Staff Nurse, Bedside Nurse
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities