Senior Investment Analyst - Equity Private CapitalBeachwood, Ohio, United States
- Participate in idea generation, market research and analysis activities that create actionable investments in multiple asset classes.
- Build financial models to adequately assess and support the underwriting of investment themes and individual managers from both a risk and return perspective.
- Make recommendations to add or remove investment managers after significant due diligence, as well as maintain relationship for the manager once added to the portfolio.
- Compile market mapping, overviews and assessments of potential equity, fixed income, hedge fund, private capital and real asset managers, as well as economic and market analyses.
- Maintain quantitative and qualitative manager performance activity and holdings within the Clinic’s internal database.
- Collaborate with the risk management team at the inception of a new investment to develop elevated governance and oversight and agreed to boundaries and exit strategies for individual investments and/or investment themes. Evaluate risk on an ongoing basis for existing investments.
- Prepare internal monthly and quarterly manager and/or portfolio reports detailing performance, exposures, concentrations and other portfolio characteristics.
- Maintenance of presentations summarizing changes in the securities markets across asset classes
- Collection and preparation of data related to current portfolio positioning and asset class valuations in support of monthly portfolio rebalancing discussions
- Monitoring of asset class valuations and data for further research into potential new investment opportunities
- Support Research/Strategy Team to develop, shape and monitor investment themes
- Preparation of quarterly reports and presentations for CCF executive team and other CCF stakeholders
- Support annual detailed analysis of portfolio changes and investment decisions
- Participate in idea generation, market research and analysis activities that create actionable investments in multiple asset classes as a part of the Investment Office generalist model
- Other duties as assigned.
Functional Responsibilities include:
- Participate in idea generation, market research and analysis activities that create actionable investments in private investments to include private equity, venture capital and private real assets.
- Construct financial models to adequately create, assess, and execute investment themes and individual managers from both a risk and return perspective.
- Compile market mapping, overviews and assessments of private investments particularly in private equity, venture capital and real assets.
- Perform due diligence and analysis on private investments in order to create memos for presentation to the CCIO Investment team at Strategy Sessions and at other applicable meetings.
- Create economic and investment market updates for internal team and present a contrarian view.
- Maintain quantitative and qualitative manager performance, exposure and holdings within CCF’s internal databases.
- Collaborate with the risk management team to develop elevated governance and oversight and agreed to boundaries and exit strategies for individual investments and/or investment themes.
- Interface and lead meetings with existing and prospective managers, custodian bank and external service providers.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations to the Investment and Finance Committees and other internal CCF stakeholders.
- Participate in review, discussion and approval of new and re-underwritten investments in all asset classes, i.e., outside of Equity Team purview, as a CCIO Investment Team member at weekly Strategy Sessions.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly manager and/or portfolio reports detailing performance, exposures, concentrations and other portfolio characteristics.
- Complete special projects as deemed appropriate.
- Travel overnight both domestically and internationally to attend meetings with fund managers and/or portfolio company management teams.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Economics, Social Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science, Business or other related field required.
- Masters of Business Administration or Master of Science in Business, Finance, Economics or Mathematical Sciences, Data Analytics or other related filed required.
- Strong record of academic achievement preferred.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Adobe Acrobat, Factset, Bloomberg.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience in Investment Banking, Management Consulting, or Asset Management.
Preferred Education and Professional Experienc:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree with a concentration in finance or a similar discipline with a strong record of academic achievement.
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years of relevant professional experience in Investment Banking, Management Consulting, or Asset Management.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills with a firm understanding of the financial markets and investment environment.
- High degree of individual initiative with a sense of urgency. Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate continuous workflow with other internal and external parties.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Adobe Acrobat, Factset, Bloomberg, Burgiss Private i, Dynamo.
- Possession or progression toward CFA or CAIA is desirable.
- Requires the ability to sit and be stationary for prolonged periods of time, normal or corrected vision and manual dexterity sufficient to perform work on a personal computer.
- Requires the ability to walk to various locations throughout the Clinic and to function in a stressful environment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment.
Keywords: Private Capital, Capital Strategies, Public Equity, Equity Markets, Private Capital Strategies