Enterprise Server Security Engineer
Job DetailsDesigns and supports enterprise systems in the Cleveland Clinic Health System. Aligns platform and technical strategies with the business vision and objectives through research, design and architecture of new technologies. Ensures the stability, integrity and efficient operation of enterprise systems. Monitors, maintains and optimizes all systems hardware and operating systems.
- Contributes to the design, engineering and implementation of systems infrastructure.
- Installs and maintains operating systems and related software.
- Manages and monitors enterprise systems environment.
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems in the systems environment.
- Applies proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to identify, communicate and resolve issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associate's Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Appropriate industry credentials may be required.
For Information Technology Division caregivers, ITIL Foundations certification is required within 6 months of position start date.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
At least three years’ work experience in a technical/analytical position responsible for managing server environments.
For IT Security, minimum three years’ work experience in a technical/analytical position in risk/compliance areas.
- 7-10 years enterprise server engineering experience with Windows and Linux operating systems.
- 3-5 years patch deployment experience, Tanium experience preferred. To include identification, management and remediation of OS and application vulnerabilities.
- Drive vulnerability remediation efforts by responding to assigned remediation tickets, securing commitments, and tracking progress on remediation.
- Ability to partner with business units outside of IT to consult and advise on vulnerability management best practices.
- Experience troubleshooting server incidents/problems across the entire server stack.
- Experience with server performance tuning and monitoring.
- Participate in the design, engineering, and implementation of enterprise platform technologies.
- Ability to work with and provide direction to vendors and consultants.
- Coordinate and collaborate with network engineering, storage & backup, business application, and database administration functions to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of enterprise servers to meet business demands.
- Typical Physical demands include manual dexterity sufficient to operate basic office equipment. Occasionally lifts up to 25 pounds.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Keywords: Windows Linux enterprise server engineer, Tanium, vulnerability remediation, server performance tuning, server performance monitoring, Enterprise Server Security Engine