Cybersecurity Specialist - Third-Party Risk
req # 124214 Location Beachwood, Ohio Facilities CC Administrative Campus Professional Area IT and Cybersecurity Department 1137 Cybersecurity Assurance-Information Tech Div Jobcode T98512 Schedule Full Time Shift 8:00am-5:00pm
- Monitors specific Cybersecurity solutions for efficient and appropriate operations.
- Collaborates on IT projects to ensure that security issues are addressed throughout the project life cycle.
- Researches and assesses new threats and security alerts and recommends remedial action.
- Key participant with Cybersecurity projects, including planning, obtaining customer input and projecting resource requirements.
- Ensures that Analysts receive and analyze alerts from various enterprise level sensors and determine possible causes of such alerts.
- Reviews security system requirements with customers and translates requirements into specific functions or deliverables.
- Analyzes and integrates security solutions into multiple platforms, including clinical and financial systems
- Analyzes flow chart processes and recommends ways to reduce steps and increase efficiency through use of technology.
- May coach or provide guidance to lower-level Cybersecurity Analysts and supports the continuous process of optimizing department resources.
- Communicates security procedures and policies with caregivers.
- Weighs business needs against security concerns and articulate issues to Cybersecurity peers.
- Defends systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction
- Provides after-hours support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or related field preferred.
- A High School diploma/GED required.
- Certifications from SysAdmin, Audit, Network and Security Institute (SANS), International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC2) or Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) or other position related certifications preferred.
- For Information Technology Division caregivers, ITIL Foundations certification is required within 6 months of position start date.
Complexity of Work:
- Understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Requires familiarity with domain structures, user authentication mechanisms and fundamental cryptography.
- Has In-depth knowledge of intrusion detection and data correlation.
- Practical knowledge of network topology and the underlying OSI model.
- Understands principles of client/server configuration.
- Excellent knowledge of security technology and strong analytical skills.
- Strong analytical, administrative, presentation, and project management skills are required.
- Must have strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- High School Diploma/GED: A minimum or 7 years of Information, Clinical or Financial Systems experience required, including directing, planning and scheduling a major information system project, with at least 3 years of Cyber Security experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree: A minimum or 5 years of Information, Clinical or Financial Systems experience required, including directing, planning and scheduling a major information system project, with at least 3 years of Cyber Security experience.
- Requires the ability to sit and be stationary for prolonged periods of time, normal or corrected vision and manual dexterity sufficient to perform work on a personal computer.
- Requires the ability to walk to various locations throughout the organization and to function in a stressful environment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Keywords: Cyber, Cyber Security, cybersecurity, healthcare IT, third party risk