Sterile Processing Certified & Non Certified TechnicianAvon, Ohio, United States
Provides safe efficient practices for decontamination, instrument assembly, wrapping and sterilization of all reprocessed instruments and distribution equipment. Provides case cart management.
- Supports department initiatives to meet productivity standard and flexible staffing needs.
- Demonstrates understanding on proper handling of equipment, instrumentation, chemicals, performs preventative maintenance, observes personal protective equipment standards in decontamination process.
- Scans, sorts, inspects and assembles instruments by instrument list, wraps and labels as documented in procedure.
- Monitors and controls the issue of supplies and equipment.
- Performs record keeping.
- Other duties as assigned.
- HS diploma or equivalent GED required.
- If hired after 1/1/2018 Sterile Processing Distribution certification(CRST) by IAHCSMM or CBSPD required within 2 years following completing new hire period.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- One year health care experience or similar background in mechanical/manufacturing assembly preferred.
- Lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds and ability to push, pull and navigate supply carts weighing >than 75 pounds.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Keywords: CS/SPD, Central Supply, Sterile Processing Technician, Sterile, Certified Sterile Processing Tech, Certified Sterile Processing Technician, CSSPD, Central Supply/Sterile Processing
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities