Nursing Student Clinical Technician & Patient Care Nurse Assistant
Job DetailsStart your nursing journey as a Patient Care Nurse Assistant or Clinical Technician at Cleveland Clinic. This role will help you get a head-start with interacting with patients and their families while delivering care alongside your nursing caregiver team, exposing you to state of the art technology and evidenced-based practice, and expand your technical skills. Main Campus and Regional Hospitals available for PCNA and CT positions, 100 specialties from Medical Surgical, Neurology, Digestive Disease, Internal Medicine and more! PRN allows you to be flexible in your schedule in order to remain focused on your schooling. Cleveland Clinic requires Student Nurse PCNA and CT's to complete 62hrs from August to June. The managers will work around your school schedule! Part time and Full time opportunities available.
Provides or assists with basic direct patient care activities under the supervision of an RN with skills specifically identified on applicable skills checklists for which training and competency have been established.
- Reports abnormal findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to RN.
- These may include but are not limited to vital signs, weights, assisting patients with personal care and activities of daily living, patient transfers/transport, pulse oximetry, point of care testing, dressing changes, application of external monitoring devices, and removal of urinary Foley Catheter.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms clean & orderly.
- Demonstrates a positive, concerned and sensitive response in the workplace.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with patients and staff.
- Ability to read, write and speak English and to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform basic clinical mathematics.
- Competencies in both the professional, technical and clinical knowledge domains must be demonstrated in a safe, effective and efficient manner.
- Maintains personal growth and development through the ongoing process of formal and informal education.
- Other duties as assigned
- Enrolled in a Nursing Assoicates (ADN) or Bachelors (BSN) program
State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) preferred.
Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) required within new hire period.
Nursing students required to have Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) prior to hire.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Demonstrates proficiency in applied mathematics & reading comprehension at an 8th grade level.
- Nursing students who have recently completed a minimum of one clinical rotation as part of an accredited nursing school program may substitute the clinical rotation for the required experience.
- Military experience as a Hospital Corpsman (HM), Combat Medic (68W) or Medical Service Technician (4N0X1) will be considered.
- Requires full body motion to move and lift patients, manual finger dexterity with good eye-hand coordination; involves extensive standing and walking.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.