req # 132865 Location Akron, Ohio Facilities Akron General Medical Center Professional Area Customer Service Department 9474 Bldg - Parking Decks-Cleveland Clinic Akron General Jobcode AK0976 Schedule Part Time Shift Variable
Job DetailsUnder the direct supervision of the Supervisor, Security/Parking, the Valet Greeter is responsible for greeting and assisting all arriving and departing patients, visitors and employees. The Valet Greeter is responsible for providing valet parking service and enforcement of hospital policies related to traffic control at the designated and assigned entrance of the hospital.
- Promotes customer service and cheerfully greets every arriving and departing patient, visitor and staff member at the designated and assigned entrance of the hospital creating a positive and courteous first and last impression of the organization.
- Assists patients and guests by providing directions and information, assisting them in and out of vehicles, etc. Valets vehicles as appropriate.
- Enforces the hospital's tobacco-free/smoking policy.
- Advises Security of hospital premises and grounds activity of any escalating situations that may require Security involvement. Completes documentation of incidents as appropriate.
- Demonstrates understanding of emergency procedures, alarm response, evacuation and internal and external disaster plans.
- Remains on assigned post and completes all post-specific duties. Ensures that post remains clean, neat and free of all non work-related material.
- Maintains a neat and professional personal appearance at all times.
- May perform the duties of the Deck Attendant as needed to ensure adequate coverage of services.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements.
- Follows hospital and department policies and procedures with special attention to courtesy, attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge and safety.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Valid Ohio driver's license. Must be insurable and meet expecations of the Cleveland Clinic Transportation & Fleet Vehicl Policy/plan to be permitted to drive a company vehicle and provide valet services.
Complexity of Work:
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate in a courteous and direct manner. Exceptional customer service skills.
- Previous experience as Valet preferred. Ability to count and handle cash accurately and maintain a balance cash drawer.
- Must be able to drive a manual transmission. Ability to spend most of day walking and standing.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required