req # 131537 Location Akron, Ohio Facilities Akron General Medical Center Professional Area Allied Health Department 9554 Neuro-Vascular-Cleveland Clinic Akron General Jobcode AK0933 Schedule Full Time Shift 3:00pm-11:30pm
Job DetailsJob Profile Summary Under the direct supervision of the Neurovascular Coordinator, the EEG Technician is responsible for performing routine testing procedures on patients.
- Prepares for testing by properly checking calibration of apparatus and ensuring adequate supplies are on hand.
- Reviews patient's clinical data to facilitate understanding of why they have been referred for testing.
- Attempts to put patients at ease by ensuring their physical comfort and explaining the testing procedure.
- Performs all routine EEGs modalities in the neuro-vascular lab and inpatient nursing units.
- Perform all the basic procedures/processes associated with the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU).
- Performs evoked potentials, visual and auditory.
- Assists with training and support for other personnel as needed.
- Cleans and maintains all EEG related equipment.
- Schedules patients, answers telephone, and performs various clerical and other similar or less skilled duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements. Maintains applicable certification/licensure.
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code, display of ID badge, and safety.
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited Electroneurodiagnostic (END) program preferred.
- None required
Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
- Ability to do work requiring attention to detail to avoid inaccurate test results.
- Ability to do work harmoniously and effectively with co-workers; the willingness and capability to treat patients with courtesy and tact; and the willingness to work in conjunction with physicians.
- Ability to utilize technical physiological test equipment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required