Registration Specialist - Bariatric OfficeAkron, Ohio, United States
- Verifies and updates registration information in the practice management system in accordance with Partners Physician Group policy. Notifies clinical staff and/or physician of the arrival of a patient scheduled for an appointment.
- Completes pre-registration for scheduled patients as needed.
- Reviews eligibility response to assess patient's benefit level. Prepares patient estimates using software or following established policies and procedures. Advises patients of out-of-pocket expenses and collects payment. Applies payments and discounts in accordance with established procedures. Maintains security of payments in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Completes referrals and pre-certifications in a timely manner.
- Completes compliance checks and/or obtains necessary authorizations/pre-certifications. Provides required information to third party payers to facilitate pre-certification and accurate compliance checking. Works with ancillary departments when issues arise to insure information is shared and delays do not occur.
- Reviews patient's prior balances and collects co-pays and account balances and accurately enters these in the computer daily.
- Posts and balances charges and payments daily including the preparation of the daily deposit.
- Answers telephone promptly and courteously; takes messages accurately and provides information as needed.
- Schedules patient appointments in the computer according to established guidelines.
- Pre-loads, assembles, updates and files medical record charts. Places lab work, test results and dictation on charts in accordance with office guidelines.
- Refers patients to Financial Counselors in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Reports compliance issues related to coding, transcription and patient confidentiality.
- Works denial report and makes corrections in accordance with Partners Physician Group policy.
- Prepares medical records for chart audits. Complies with front desk and charge entry audit policies.
- Works with physicians, secretaries, clinical staff, coding coordinators and billing department to resolve patient inquiries and billing and/or coding questions.
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements. Maintains applicable certification/licensure.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school graduate or the equivalent.
- Certified Medical Assistant preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Excellent customer service skills. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Skilled in the safe handling of money. Competent with computer software including practice management systems and windows applications.
- Either One (1) year of work experience with registration charge posting in a medical office setting or completion of medical assistant program is preferred.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities