req # 127949 Location Akron, Ohio Facilities Akron General Medical Center Professional Area Pharmacy Department 9573 Pharmacy-Cleveland Clinic Akron General Jobcode AK0886 Schedule Part Time Shift PRN
Job DetailsUnder the direction of a pharmacist, receives practical training towards becoming a competent pharmacist to ensure the appropriate selection, dosing, administration, and dispensing of medication orders.
- Under pharmacist supervision, reviews and assesses medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve potential and actual drug related problems.
- Recommends dosing and formulary alternatives when appropriate.
- Compounds and prepares medications for delivery to patient care areas.
- Provides drug information and education to medical staff and patients.
- Communicates with physicians and other clinicians as necessary to facilitate care.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Follows Hospital and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department-specific competencies and requirements.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited College of Pharmacy program.
- Current State Board of Pharmacy Intern License (PH/INT) prior to the start date.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- None required.
- Typical physical demands include ability to perform job while standing, reaching, stretching and sitting for prolonged periods; manual dexterity sufficient to perform computer functions of job.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.