req # 133302 Location Akron, Ohio Facilities Center for Neuro and Spine Professional Area Nursing Patient Support Department 9552 Neurology-Cleveland Clinic Akron General Jobcode AK0436 Schedule Full Time Shift 8:00am-4:30pm
Job DetailsUnder the direct supervision of the physician, the Medical Assistant I is responsible for assisting in the delivery of health care, and performs general receptionist duties under the supervision of the Office Manager when needed.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment. Assures completion of patient histories. Obtains vital signs.
- Administers injections, assists with splints and applies dressings as directed.
- Performs sterilization of instruments/equipment, if indicated, according to established policies.
- Performs CLIA Waived tests as instructed and maintains quality controls on all CLIA tests performed in the office.
- Performs phlebotomy duties as directed.
- Orders and maintains supplies as needed.
- Performs some or all of the following general receptionist duties when needed:
- Verifies and updates patient information in the practice management system.
- Collects co-pays and open balances, post charges and accurately enters these in the practice management system. Balance charges and payments and prepares deposit.
- Answers telephone promptly and courteously; takes messages accurately and provides information as needed.
- Assembles, updates, and ensures completion of the patient medical record.
- Completes referrals and pre certifications as needed.
- Processes requests for medical records made by patients, insurance companies and others in an appropriate manner.
- Sorts mail, medical records and other correspondence as needed.
- Completes mandatory training and education in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements. Maintains applicable certification/licensure.
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, mandatory education, dress code and display of ID badge.
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited program for Medical Assistants.
- Certification from the America Association of Medical Assistants preferred. Certification required within 90 days from date of hire.
Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective skills with multi-line telephone systems and computers.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to handle money in a safe manner.
- Prefer one year experience in a medical office setting.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required