Job DetailsUnder the supervision of an RN performs basic patient care activities.
This position requires 1 year of aide or STNA experience and must have a STNA certificate. Please enter your certificate number on the application.
- Assists with procedures ordered by physician and supervised by RN or PT, OT, ST as appropriate.
- Assists patients with tending to personal care, activities of daily living and transfers/transport.
- Reports and documents abnormal assessment findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Assists with keeping the patient's environment clean and orderly.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date documentation and files at all times regarding patient condition and effectiveness and timeliness of care and interventions.
- Escalates change in patient condition to patient’s physician as appropriate.
- Ability to read, write and speak English and to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform basic clinical mathematics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certification and Registered with the State of Ohio Nurse’s Aide Registry (STNA).
- Caregivers acquired during an integration without an STNA may have a designated period of time, as outlined in an Attestation form, to achieve STNA Certification.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association (AHA) required.
- For Homecare and Hospice field staff only, must have valid Ohio Driver’s license upon hire; per policy 8-175 thereafter.
- For Homecare and Hospice field staff only, must have proof of automobile insurance coverage with $100,000/$300,000 coverage, upon hire; per policy 8-175 thereafter.
- For Hospice Aides only, Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse Assistant Certification (CHPNA) preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, time constrained work environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum one year clinical experience as an aide in an acute, rehab or skilled nursing setting.
- Home care experience preferred.
- Demonstrates proficiency in applied mathematics & reading comprehension at an 8th grade level.
- Must be ambulatory, able to climb stairs, pull, push, and facilitate movement of the patient.
- For field staff only: Able to drive to patients’ homes and/or facilities.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Keywords: STNA, PCNA, NA, DCP, nursing assistant, nurse aide, nurse's aide