req # 111100 Location Akron, Ohio Facilities Health and Wellness Bath Professional Area Allied Health Department 9469 ASA-Cleveland Clinic Akron General Jobcode AK1265 Schedule Part Time Shift Part Time
Job DetailsThe GI Technician ASC in the Ambulatory Surgery Center performs various patient care activities and related services such as cleaning and disinfection, clerical, receptionist, patient education and care, communication and supply procurement duties.
- Assists in assessment and identification of physical, psychosocial, educational and safety needs of the patient, obtains vital signs, and notifies Registered Nurse of any pertinent findings.
- Performs rounds on patients in the prep/observation area to meet patient needs and enhance the patient experience, and communicates when necessary.
- Assists physicians and/or nurses during procedures and tests within scope of competency.
- Maintains clean and safe environment by cleaning and defrosting refrigerators, removing dirty linen appropriately, cleaning and preparing patient carts as well as cleaning and processing of endoscopy instruments and equipment per policy maintaining PPE.
- Maintain quality controls within department.
- Tears down procedure rooms at end of day and prepares room for next day cases, including restocking of supplies.
- Keeps hallways uncluttered.
- Transports patients utilizing safe technique.
- Assists with equipment management within the department as well as all cases outside of the department by troubleshooting and following-up on all equipment issues plus requesting assistance when needed.
- Maintains inventories and communicates to appropriate personnel of needs.
- Utilizes software applications as appropriate.
- Assists with breath tests .
- Receives patients at reception area and facilitates throughput.
- Prepares charts, tracks patients in Op Time, and communicates to RN all special patient needs.
- Assists in scheduling procedures and assists with functions at the control desk when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Follows Hospital and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department-specific competencies and requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- BLS for Health Care Professionals from American Heart Association required.
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred.
- Certification from the Certifying Board of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates, Inc. preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Satisfactory completion of the hospital training program.
- Communicates effectively and can read, write and follow written and oral instructions.
- Successful completion of competencies on proper reprocessing of endoscopic equipment and accessories along with competencies related to assisting the procedure room physician.
- Medical Assistant Certification or minimum one year hospital experience utilizing medical terminology and computer skills required.
- One year Gastroenterology lab, Clinical experience, or operating room preferred.
- Requirements for this position include; standing in one area up to eight hours, wearing appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment); sitting in a confined area for eight hours using a computer screen and the ability to perform small repetitive motor tasks (e.g., typing, filing, responding to telephone, application of abdominal pressure) are necessary.
- This job also requires that an individual be able to work under periods of high stress.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.