Securely connects you to portions of your medical record:
Online second opinions from top specialists:
Securely request a copy of your Images Studies from our Images Library:
Enter the first letters of a doctor's last name.
Use filters to find the right specialist.
Use filters to find a doctor in a particular department.
Use filters to find any doctor at a particular facility.
Use filters to find a family doctor, internist or pediatrician.
Use filters to find a primary care pediatrician or pediatric specialist.
Print a directory listing of all physicians for each institute.
Date: Mar 03, 2014
Location: Cleveland, OH
Hospital: Main Campus Exempt
Facility: Cleveland Clinic Main Campus
Professional Area: Advanced Practice
Department: Peds-Neonatalogy Hh
Job Code: T31167
Pay Grade: 17
Schedule: Full Time
Cleveland Clinic is currently seeking a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner. Experience preferred, but new graduates may be considered.
Functions in collaboration with a physician according to a standard care arrangement and specialty certification. Provides advanced nursing care to patients with complex acute, critical, and chronic health conditions, including the delivery of acute care services. Practice with a variety of specialty-based populations including neonatal, pediatric, and adult. Practices in any setting in which patients require complex monitoring and therapies, high intensity nursing intervention, or continuous nursing vigilance within the range of high-acuity care.
* Assess health status by obtaining relevant health and medical history.
* Performs a physical exam based upon the age and patient history as per the Standard Care Arrangement with a collaborating physician.
* Identifies significant health and medical risk factors.
* Documents findings in medical record. Orders, interprets and evaluates laboratory test and other diagnostic studies to assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs.
* Develops a diagnosis by analyzing and synthesizing collected data.
* Develops a treatment plan in collaboration with the physician and members of multidisciplinary care team.
* Performs diagnostic or therapeutic interventions consistent with certification, law and Cleveland Clinic privileges.
* May prescribe and monitor medications as allowed by prescriptive authority through Ohio Board of Nursing and CCF policy.
* Develops patient education plan.
* Participates in medical team rounds; collaborates with nursing, medical and other healthcare team members regularly to ensure safe,quality patient care.
* May perform admission history & physical, document progress notes, prepare discharge summaries as required.
* Assists with and facilitates discharge planning.
* Other duties as assigned.
Master's or Doctoral Degree in Nursing preferred.
Two years previous clinical nursing experience preferred.
Licensed as RN in State of Ohio, national certification as nurse practitioner by nationally accredited organization, current certificate of authority by Ohio Board of Nursing, certificate to prescribe preferred. BLS Healthcare Provider; ACLS or PALS may be required based upon work setting.