Securely connects you to portions of your medical record:
Online second opinions from top specialists:
Securely request a copy of your Images Studies from our Images Library:
Enter the first letters of a doctor's last name.
Use filters to find the right specialist.
Use filters to find a doctor in a particular department.
Use filters to find any doctor at a particular facility.
Use filters to find a family doctor, internist or pediatrician.
Use filters to find a primary care pediatrician or pediatric specialist.
Print a directory listing of all physicians for each institute.
Date: Nov 27, 2013
Location: Weston, FL
Hospital: Cleveland Clinic Florida
Facility: Cleveland Clinic Florida
Department: MANAGED CARE
Job Code: 000134
Pay Grade: 25
Schedule: Full Time
- 5 years experience required
The Director of Contracting and Business Development is responsible for overseeing the daily functions of the Contracting and Business Development Department, through the appropriate assignment of responsibilities, delegation of authority, and overall direction of workflow process.
A. Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Education- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare finance, marketing, administration or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
B. Required Length and Type of Experience
1. Seven to ten years experience within managed care methodologies and practices, physician office practices, managed care operations/management.
2. Requires strong verbal interpersonal and written communication skills.
3. Strong negotiation skills.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conceives, communicates and implements the organization’s strategic planning and direction as it relates to all third party payer contractual arrangements.
2. Establishes policy and parameters for CEO approval as it relates to third party payer pricing thresholds vis-à-vis overall financial objectives of the organization.
3. Seeks out opportunities for increased reimbursement by third party payers through new relationships, and by expanding the service delivery component of existing contractual relationships.
4. Negotiates all new and renewing third party payer contracts.
5. Establishes quality improvement, fiscal productivity and patient satisfaction goals and objectives in conjunction with upper management.
6. Meets established goals and objectives:
- Performance Improvement
- Patient Satisfaction
7. Organizes the functions of the department through the appropriate assignment of responsibilities, delegation of authority, and overall direction of workflow process.
8. Monitors and evaluates the activities of the departmental employees and provides management coaching, guidance, and on-the-job training and retraining, as necessary, to ensure operational efficiency and adherence to policies and procedures.
9. Monitors resource utilization, including payroll, supplies and expenses concurrently. Takes action immediately as needed.
10. Ensures department compliance to all applicable governmental agencies.
11. Maintains department policy and procedure and other appropriate documentation on a personal computer with backup diskette files to prevent loss of critical information.
12. Develops annual sales plan and contracting goals, strategies, and activity plans and projections.
13. Ensures continuous assessment and improvement of the quality of care and services provided.
14. Evaluates existing systems and processes, initiates changes and improvements, and makes suggestions to upper management.
15. Composes initial departmental schedule; reviews and approves staff schedule changes.
16. Reviews and approves payroll time sheets, purchase requisitions, three moth and annual employee evaluations, progressive discipline reports, employee improvement plans and any other employee requests.
17. Prepares and submits capital expenditure requests and annual budget to upper management.
18. Performs any other duties as assigned.